A New Poll

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

I should be banned for having the Polish Little Up-riser as my avatar

yes
63%
no
38%

Total votes: 8
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: A New Poll

Post by Francis »

General Mackevili wrote:Banned, tarred and feathered, waterboarded and then deported.
How about that one ?:
He was hanged, drawn and quartered — strangled by hanging, but released while he was still alive, emasculated, eviscerated and his bowels burnt before him, beheaded, then cut into four parts. His preserved head (dipped in tar) was placed on a pike atop London Bridge. :mrgreen:

Good ol' times.
Last edited by Francis on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Soi Dog wrote:
badneighour wrote:what in the US they teach their kids how to shoot at a young age....
True. And sometimes they shoot their instructors in the head too.
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/viewtop ... =16&t=1712
badneighour wrote:....in Britain kids went to war banging the drum........
Hell, the Catholic Church used to have Pope's that sent children marching off to foreign countries to kill Muslims and reclaim "The Holy Land". Ahhh, the good ol' days. All we get now is namby-pamby "peace and love" Popes.
badneighour wrote:what’s fucked is pictures of nude children passed of as art....and wrong'uns defend it...
What if the little upriser fought the Nazis while naked? Would that make an acceptable statue?
They have this in Brussels:

Should be banned - I think we should invade both Poland and Belgium on the pretext of them both having obscene statues - Oh wait I think weve been preempted! ;)
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Kuroneko wrote: They have this in Brussels:

Should be banned - I think we should invade both Poland and Belgium on the pretext of them both having obscene statues - Oh wait I think weve been preempted! ;)
That statue would be okay if the little kid was pissing on some evil Nazis or carrying an assault rifle or something.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:
Francis wrote:You know, we are living in a strange world - 5-year-old kids with machine guns are socially fully acceptable. Parents that drag their babies to political mass rallies and equip them with stupid national flags, don't get arrested, but if you photograph your son or daughter naked then hell breaks lose.
I don't know what the Polish think when they erect a statue of kid with a machine gun. I wouldn't erect such an statue but threw the parents in prison for psychological abuse, indoctrination and mentally raping a child.

once again where is my like button :thumb:
but isn't that statue ART!?
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

OrangeDragon wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Francis wrote:You know, we are living in a strange world - 5-year-old kids with machine guns are socially fully acceptable. Parents that drag their babies to political mass rallies and equip them with stupid national flags, don't get arrested, but if you photograph your son or daughter naked then hell breaks loose.
I don't know what the Polish think when they erect a statue of kid with a machine gun. I wouldn't erect such an statue but threw the parents in prison for psychological abuse, indoctrination and mentally raping a child.

once again where is my like button :thumb:
but isn't that statue ART!?
Oh, it IS art ! Everything is art. If I shat in a corner and put a little green conical hat on it, it would be art (bit smelly, though). Was not me who demanded the ban of badneighour, btw. (not in this context and not on this thread)

In den Meeren salzig ist
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

We don't ban, we shame.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Actually, nothing is art. Not objectively. Art is, by nature, subjective. If no one subjectively valued the sistine chapel it would just be an old church in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint. You can objectively define a technique, but that doesn't mean that all things done by that technique are art.

This is also what makes defining laws around if something is/isn't artistic ridiculous.

You can say as the creator you see it as art. And I can say as the viewer I see it as art. But the law has no objective frame of reference to determine that.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

Francis wrote:Everything is art.
OrangeDragon wrote:Actually, nothing is art.
Amen !!!

In den Meeren salzig ist
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Francis wrote:
Francis wrote:Everything is art.
OrangeDragon wrote:Actually, nothing is art.
Amen !!!
Exactly.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

And because of this we can suggest that the "online burning of art" is permitted, right ???

In den Meeren salzig ist
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic