Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Claudius wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:35 am Hi Jamie, I've been trying everything to find the full version, singer, and words to a song and stumbled across this board. So glad you're doing this! Maybe with the lyrics it can be found. Do you think you could help translate this?

Hi Claudius, finding the original singer and song can be like looking for a needle in a haystack because unlike western songs, just typing the lyrics into google rarely comes up with anything at all, but i will have a listen and do my best, i like a challenge 😁 hopefully i can find something for you today🤞
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Claudius wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:35 am Hi Jamie, I've been trying everything to find the full version, singer, and words to a song and stumbled across this board. So glad you're doing this! Maybe with the lyrics it can be found. Do you think you could help translate this?

Haha ok i found the song, not the version in the video though, the Apsaras through me off thinking it was an Apsara song but it is actually a very old traditional khmer song that usually gets played at weddings,
The songs called ត្រពាំងពាយ
the lyrics are singing about loving only each other and bathing together in the lake and washing each others face and body etc ☺️
Ill put a few versions here…

Hope this helps
Claudius
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Claudius »

Amazing, thanks so much for finding it, and so quickly, too! :D

Yeah, the Apsara scene threw me off as well. I was looking in all the wrong places. Looking high and low for it opened up a whole new world of Khmer music to me (this thread included), though, so I can't complain!
penguinguts
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by penguinguts »

Hey Jamie! I was wondering if you could help me translate this song!

Kom Tov Na Chnagi Pi Oun by Ros Sereysothea

I've been trying to learn some of the songs on this thread and you've been a really great help!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

penguinguts wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 am Hey Jamie! I was wondering if you could help me translate this song!

Kom Tov Na Chnagi Pi Oun by Ros Sereysothea

I've been trying to learn some of the songs on this thread and you've been a really great help!
Yeah ill look into it mate when i get chance
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

How about Tie A Yellow Krama Round The Ole Oak Tree?
CBEQ
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CBEQ »

I believe this was the first song ever broadcasted over Khmer radio/TV. Could you give a crack at translating it @Jamie_Lambo ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

CBEQ wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:54 pm
I believe this was the first song ever broadcasted over Khmer radio/TV. Could you give a crack at translating it @Jamie_Lambo ?
sure no dramas mate, i think theres a couple of songs i need to catch up on, my old laptop (which had about 2-300 songs id translated on) broke last year and so i lost them all which disheartened me a bit, sad times, at least theres a a fair number of them on this thread, ive got temp access to a laptop now so i will do a few next week, takes forever typing on my phone much easier on a laptop :beer3:
Apparition
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Apparition »

@Jamie_Lambo could you translate this, if you have the time? I must've listened to it 2-3 times a day for the last month or two.

Since it doesn't contain the words 'hello, how are you', 'toilet' or 'one beer please' I don't understand a bit of it.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Apparition wrote:[mention]Jamie_Lambo[/mention] could you translate this, if you have the time? I must've listened to it 2-3 times a day for the last month or two.

Since it doesn't contain the words 'hello, how are you', 'toilet' or 'one beer please' I don't understand a bit of it.

Haha ill get on the case this week mate ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic