Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by Joker Poker »

Jamie, about 3-4 years ago (I think) Khemarak Sreymom did a catchy kind of reggae sounding song that I really liked. Heard it a few times when I was living in PP and out in the boonies, but could never find out the name of the song. Pretty different to his regular sort of stuff, it was fairly uptempo. I have tried searching his videos etc but have failed to find it. Do you have any idea which it may be?

Cheers.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Joker Poker wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:02 pm Jamie, about 3-4 years ago (I think) Khemarak Sreymom did a catchy kind of reggae sounding song that I really liked. Heard it a few times when I was living in PP and out in the boonies, but could never find out the name of the song. Pretty different to his regular sort of stuff, it was fairly uptempo. I have tried searching his videos etc but have failed to find it. Do you have any idea which it may be?

Cheers.
i have a vague memory of this, but i dont know any info about it so will be like looking for a needle on youtube now, but ill have a look, around 2015 it came out?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:37 pm
Joker Poker wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:02 pm Jamie, about 3-4 years ago (I think) Khemarak Sreymom did a catchy kind of reggae sounding song that I really liked. Heard it a few times when I was living in PP and out in the boonies, but could never find out the name of the song. Pretty different to his regular sort of stuff, it was fairly uptempo. I have tried searching his videos etc but have failed to find it. Do you have any idea which it may be?

Cheers.
i have a vague memory of this, but i dont know any info about it so will be like looking for a needle on youtube now, but ill have a look, around 2015 it came out?
had a quick look but couldnt find what you were looking for yet,
i did find this song my searching that has a slight reggae off beat to it, ill keep my eye out for what you are looking for when i get more time
Sarang29
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Sarang29 »

Hello,
I know your post is originally to translate Cambodian song lyrics but I was wondering if you can help me translate a khmer (using the American alphabet instead of khmer characters) conversation? And if there's a way I can dm it to you? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:04 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Cheers.
had a quick look but couldnt find what you were looking for yet,
i did find this song my searching that has a slight reggae off beat to it, ill keep my eye out for what you are looking for when i get more time
Thanks Jamie,

Don't go to any trouble, I just wondered if you may know it straight away. That wasn't the one.
stevereeno
Expatriate
Japan

Post by stevereeno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:42 pm
stevereeno wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:29 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 pm No problems buddy, i enjoy doing it, gives me something to do, let me know if theres any others you want doing :beer3:

:thumb: ill got on it this morning after my run
Thanks very much!
damn did i forget to do you song?
No probs dude. Much obliged for the first one. Get to it if you get to it ;-) ;-)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sarang29 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:29 am Hello,
I know your post is originally to translate Cambodian song lyrics but I was wondering if you can help me translate a khmer (using the American alphabet instead of khmer characters) conversation? And if there's a way I can dm it to you? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
yeah no problem, done it with quite a few posters before, just send me a screen shot or copy and paste it in a private message to me :thumb:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

stevereeno wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:36 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 pm No problems buddy, i enjoy doing it, gives me something to do, let me know if theres any others you want doing :beer3:

Thanks very much!
No probs dude. Much obliged for the first one. Get to it if you get to it ;-) ;-)
ill do it next week, but remind me if i forget, no problem doing it but my punch drunk memory is terrible
stevereeno
Expatriate
Japan

Post by stevereeno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:15 pm
stevereeno wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:36 am

Thanks very much!
ill do it next week, but remind me if i forget, no problem doing it but my punch drunk memory is terrible
lol. There's a whole lot of things I wish I couldn't remember. will do.
David Yang
Tourist
Taiwan

Post by David Yang »

Thank you so much, Jamie, for the prompt response and excellent efforts~ :bow:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic