Police Raid Phnom Penh Brothel & Free 2 Underage Girls

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Police Raid Phnom Penh Brothel & Free 2 Underage Girls

Post by Artful Dodger »

Well.... you go see the chief of police in Phnom Penh who told me this and ask him. I am not in Phnom Penh at the moment to do so.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:03 pm Well.... you go see the chief of police in Phnom Penh who told me this and ask him. I am not in Phnom Penh at the moment to do so.
Irrespective of someone acting on an arbitrary age limit of 21years this is not the Cambodian law which states 18 years, as I have already posted:
As per Article 7 of the TSE Law, a minor is any person under the age of 18 years. It should be noted that Chapter 6 (Articles 42-44) of the TSE Law grants minors who are 15 years and older (that is, persons aged from 15 years to under 18 years) the capacity to consent to engage in sexual relations, but the law does not grant such minors the capacity to engage in prostitution. All prostitution involving any minor (anyone under the age of 18 years) is considered child prostitution, and is illegal under the TSE Law.
Explanatory notes on Trafficking law https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/Explana ... inal_2.pdf

Law on suppression of human trafficking and sexual exploitation, 2008 available here:
Khmer https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/i ... Khm%5D.pdf

English https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/i ... Eng%5D.pdf

I do realise that police on occasion may make up laws to suit their own agenda, but if you read the current law on the suppression of human trafficking it is quite clear.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

I am NOT here to have arguments
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:28 pm I am NOT here to have arguments
Good, don't make false statements then.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:33 pm
well that is very rude and condescending of you to say that. Please ignore all further posts by me if you intend to reply in such a manner.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:39 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:33 pm
well that is very rude and condescending of you to say that. Please ignore all further posts by me if you intend to reply in such a manner.
I'm sorry you think I'm rude but you did make a false statement.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Everybody calm down.

Hey, your links proved you didn't just pull that out of your ass, but you didn't get the fine details right. Oh well.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 pm
You can't leave it alone can you? You make a false statement about laws being 'proposed' even though they are law since 2010 because you lack internet search skills and you in turn insult me stating I made a false statement when you clearly did. Pot meet kettle. . I was polite, but you were not. [mod edit. relax] . I dig up bombs and UXO's as a volunteer... do you think I tremble at the opportunity to have a biffo. leave it alone dude. move on.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:48 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 pm
You can't leave it alone can you? You make a false statement about laws being 'proposed' even though they are law since 2010 because you lack internet search skills and you in turn insult me stating I made a false statement when you clearly did. Pot meet kettle. . I was polite, but you were not. [mod edit. relax] . I dig up bombs and UXO's as a volunteer... do you think I tremble at the opportunity to have a biffo. leave it alone dude. move on.
Sure, but if you make false statements and then try to defend them with insufficient evidence, then you may well find you get yourself an argument. I salute your UXO work (seriously).
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kuroneko wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:22 pm
Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:03 pm Well.... you go see the chief of police in Phnom Penh who told me this and ask him. I am not in Phnom Penh at the moment to do so.
Irrespective of someone acting on an arbitrary age limit of 21years this is not the Cambodian law which states 18 years, as I have already posted:
As per Article 7 of the TSE Law, a minor is any person under the age of 18 years. It should be noted that Chapter 6 (Articles 42-44) of the TSE Law grants minors who are 15 years and older (that is, persons aged from 15 years to under 18 years) the capacity to consent to engage in sexual relations, but the law does not grant such minors the capacity to engage in prostitution. All prostitution involving any minor (anyone under the age of 18 years) is considered child prostitution, and is illegal under the TSE Law.
Explanatory notes on Trafficking law https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/Explana ... inal_2.pdf

Law on suppression of human trafficking and sexual exploitation, 2008 available here:
Khmer https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/i ... Khm%5D.pdf

English https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/i ... Eng%5D.pdf

I do realise that police on occasion may make up laws to suit their own agenda, but if you read the current law on the suppression of human trafficking it is quite clear.
@ Kuroneko. None of your links are working for me. Dunno why but FYI.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic