Re: Best Android Phone

Post by that genius »

Sounds like Jabber the Hut
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Dropped and cracked the screen of my old iPhone 3 a couple of weeks ago and was reckoning it was time to update and a friend showed me his Huawei 7 something which cost the equivalent of about $100 and I was impressed. Started looking into their range and was even more impressed with a couple of models back from their new issue price wise, the P9 I think. Are the Chinese government really that’s interested in ordinary bods like me, be great to think they are wasting time looking at whatever I’ve got on my phone.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:28 pm Dropped and cracked the screen of my old iPhone 3 a couple of weeks ago and was reckoning it was time to update and a friend showed me his Huawei 7 something which cost the equivalent of about $100 and I was impressed. Started looking into their range and was even more impressed with a couple of models back from their new issue price wise, the P9 I think. Are the Chinese government really that’s interested in ordinary bods like me, be great to think they are wasting time looking at whatever I’ve got on my phone.
Not at all, but the hackers that know how to exploit the backdoors are. If you never bank or send sensitive information on your phone, you'd be fine.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:28 pm Dropped and cracked the screen of my old iPhone 3 a couple of weeks ago and was reckoning it was time to update and a friend showed me his Huawei 7 something which cost the equivalent of about $100 and I was impressed. Started looking into their range and was even more impressed with a couple of models back from their new issue price wise, the P9 I think. Are the Chinese government really that’s interested in ordinary bods like me, be great to think they are wasting time looking at whatever I’ve got on my phone.
Not at all, but the hackers that know how to exploit the backdoors are. If you never bank or send sensitive information on your phone, you'd be fine.

Ah okay now I understand where you are coming from, will keep my financial stuff off any purchase,mind you they’d probably be disappointed at the slim pickings if they got in there. A bit like the old days of a fake meter reader getting in the backdoor and nicking a fiver from the hall table 😀 Just fancy a more modern device with a decent camera and the facility for slotting in an sd card for music and photos which the iPhones have never had. Had a look today and in the mall here in Pattaya a Huawei Y9 seems to fit the bill for 7k baht, $200, 4,000 amh Battery, 256gb sd Card expandable, 16 Mega pixel camera with their link up with Leica. :thumb:
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I've been using this for over a year, probably the best phone I've ever had. Battery lasts forever and gets recharged in one hour. Great pics, impressively fast processing, I can't fault it. I paid about 600 when it came out, if you can snap it up under 450 I would think it's a great bargain.

I've been using it with banking apps and business-related matters and never had the least amount of trouble, probably because I'm not paranoidly afraid of the Chinese.

https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Huaw ... iew_id4275
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

For a certain group of smartphone users, bigger means better, and they're going to want the largest...

Dude, it's not about the size of the bait, it's the way you wiggle the worm :D

They gotcha! :D
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

that genius wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:58 pm For a certain group of smartphone users, bigger means better, and they're going to want the largest...

Dude, it's not about the size of the bait, it's the way you wiggle the worm :D

They gotcha! :D
I don’t think it’s that big, looks like it will fit in my pocket providing I don’t have a hard on :beer3:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

logos wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:54 pm I've been using this for over a year, probably the best phone I've ever had. Battery lasts forever and gets recharged in one hour. Great pics, impressively fast processing, I can't fault it. I paid about 600 when it came out, if you can snap it up under 450 I would think it's a great bargain.

I've been using it with banking apps and business-related matters and never had the least amount of trouble, probably because I'm not paranoidly afraid of the Chinese.

https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Huaw ... iew_id4275
Thanks for the feedback. :thumb:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Huawei make very good phones. Apparently HTC and Oppo also.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Back to my Samsung device. It’s pretty. But I just cannot get used to the navigation and the overall feel of the os. It’s just not fluid and smooth like iOS. It’s choppy when navigating. I hate not having more swipe gestures and being able to swipe forward and backwards. But instead I have to use the arrow at the bottom right which doesn’t seem to always do what I think it should do or use the arrow in the upper left hand corner. I do love the customization options but get tired of the endless settings, some of which seem buggy and don’t stick. I hardly ever question something I’m changing on iOS but with android I just have a hard time trusting it. Anyways, I LOVE how the Khmer font looks. It’s beautiful. In fact, I think I will use it as my primary Khmer device, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic