I'm Dating a Cambodian Woman in France - Gold Digger or No?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
guillaume382
Expatriate
France

Re: I'm Dating a Cambodian Woman in France - Gold Digger or No?

Post by guillaume382 »

Kammekor wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:48 pm
dude wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 pm Guillaume,

Your initial concern about the justification of an expensive wedding ring and its place of manufacture seem to have vanished as this thread carries on, mostly off point. From your first post, the date set for the wedding still appears to be in a couple months (July 2018).

Does your future spouse or yourself know that for a civil marriage in France you need to comply with procedures and present documents to the town hall where you intend to marry? In principle her illegal immigrant status is not an impediment to marriage in France, however, your future spouse will need to produce proof of identity, proof of domicile or residence, a birth certificate with filiation or an extract of the birth certificate with filiation no less than 6 months old, and a certificate of non-impediment/single status (https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... roits/F930). Because those documents are not issued by the French administration, they will need to be certified by the Cambodian embassy in Paris, or alternatively certified by the MoFA in Phnom Penh, along with an approved and certified translation.
And all those institutions will deny to certify them because the Cambodian government doesn't support marriage of their citizens outside of Cambodia since a year or three.

There are simply no legal documents because the Cambodian government doesn't provide them and Cambodian local documents will not be accepted, esp in her case.
You mean documents she provide to me are not legit (mean fake) ?
It is funny, because I go to ambassad, and they (3persons (2khmer - 1 french)) certify me it is good documents.

AHAH funny... maybe I don't understand what you say,.. or not..
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

No, I think your story is fake. You claim to have legalized documents, but that's simply impossible. Cambodian law doesn't allow it, and it's one of the few laws actually strictly enforced in Cambodia, at least according to my experience.
guillaume382
Expatriate
France

Post by guillaume382 »

Do you want me to send you pictures ? You will be surprised !
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kammekor wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:06 pm No, I think your story is fake. You claim to have legalized documents, but that's simply impossible. Cambodian law doesn't allow it, and it's one of the few laws actually strictly enforced in Cambodia, at least according to my experience.
Has Inspector Kammekor just cracked the case ? :popcorn:
guillaume382
Expatriate
France

Post by guillaume382 »

Documents maybe fake, but my story is legit
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

guillaume382 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:17 pm Documents maybe fake, but my story is legit
Guillaume, since about 3 years (or has it already been 5 years?) the Cambodian government doesn't support marriages for Cambodians abroad, unless a marriage has taken place in Cambodia first. This means certain documents are no longer certified by the MoF and embassies abroad. Documents included are: celibacy, divorce, that kind of stuff, stuff needed for a marriage abroad. This is quite an effective way to blockt marriages, unless the country where the marriage has to take place will accept local Cambodian documents translated by a translator. France is not among those.
I can tell you from my own experience they really, really don't certify these documents.

She has no certified documents, certified by the Cambodian government. Simply impossible. But you state she has.
dude
Expatriate

Post by dude »

guillaume382 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:08 pm ... I go to ambassad, and they (3persons (2khmer - 1 french)) certify me it is good documents.
Are you implying that your potential spouse has traveled to France three years ago with all the documents required from her for a potential civil marriage in France, or has she gathered those documents following her arrival (or once a prospective marriage had firmed up) ?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

dude wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:37 pm
guillaume382 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:08 pm ... I go to ambassad, and they (3persons (2khmer - 1 french)) certify me it is good documents.
Are you implying that your potential spouse has traveled to France three years ago with all the documents required from her for a potential civil marriage in France, or has she gathered those documents following her arrival (or once a prospective marriage had firmed up) ?
Even if she did, those would be worthless now. These kind of documents have to be certified within a certain amount of time, for Schengen zone 3 Months is typical, and after certification these have a 3 month validity. 6 months in exceptional cases. Not three years, especially when the person providing the documents has been in the country illegally for over three years.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I know for a fact the certificate of being single is only valid for 6 months max and the embassy will not issue or notorize them outside Cambodia.

Guillaume
Ur being lied to and used.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:30 pm
I know for a fact the certificate of being single is only valid for 6 months max and the embassy will not issue or notorize them outside Cambodia.

Guillaume
Ur being lied to and used.
Not even notarize inside Cambodia, because the local piece of paper from the village chief is accepted for marriages inside Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic