I'm Dating a Cambodian Woman in France - Gold Digger or No?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: I'm Dating a Cambodian Woman in France - Gold Digger or No?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:41 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:56 pm
guillaume382 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:28 pm
Do you think if there is true love it is possible she lives with me 1 year ?? Because I know couple French KHMER here, they live together and have sex before marry.
They marry after 3 months
I don't think that's uncommon for couples who have committed to each other or become formally engaged. It's not Afghanistan, but it's still a fairly traditional society where casual sex is frowned upon.
yeah i think its becoming more common aye
Yes it is, but then sleeping together is as binding as a ceremony. You don't get to change your mind after a trial period (or not without major hassle.)

@OP A couple of things - If your g/f agrees to live with you for a year, she will expect either marriage or at least compensation for making her a "fallen woman". And maybe that's why she wants the expensive ring as a sort of insurance. But if you get officially engaged and give her a decent ring, and the family agree, then perhaps she will move in with you until the wedding. IMO this is the compromise you will have to make if you are sure that you want to go ahead with this. (And have sex with your beloved before July 2019, lol.)
Also, have you thought about birth control, and have you discussed with her about how many kids you want ? I'm just suggesting you have this talk with her because you sound a bit naive. It's possible that she will want to have babies right away. Are you up for that ?
Try to work out what the expectations are on both sides before you make any major commitment.
guillaume382
Expatriate
France

Post by guillaume382 »

BklynBoy wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:51 pm Sorry if I sound over the top. Maybe you should date a little more before getting married. I mean date other women?

How old are you?
I am 31years old soon. Before this girl, I already have date a lot of women (maybe 10).
As an example, I lived with one 2years, another 1years 1/2, another 1years 1/2, another 6years and others like 6months or for fun.

Yes I already compromise too much, but now I want hold the card and make her fit more into my way. She was in control, and I want now things change.
I dont know exactly what love is but who know ? And also I dont know her culture and so it is not easy to understand all clearly (I mean big sister control, why my gf cook/clean a lot, why it is difficul for her to go out because big sister, why she is so shy big sister home....)
guillaume382
Expatriate
France

Post by guillaume382 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 am
Do you think if there is true love it is possible she lives with me 1 year ?? Because I know couple French KHMER here, they live together and have sex before marry.
I don't think that's uncommon for couples who have committed to each other or become formally engaged. It's not Afghanistan, but it's still a fairly traditional society where casual sex is frowned upon.
Yes it is, but then sleeping together is as binding as a ceremony. You don't get to change your mind after a trial period (or not without major hassle.)

@OP A couple of things - If your g/f agrees to live with you for a year, she will expect either marriage or at least compensation for making her a "fallen woman". And maybe that's why she wants the expensive ring as a sort of insurance. But if you get officially engaged and give her a decent ring, and the family agree, then perhaps she will move in with you until the wedding. IMO this is the compromise you will have to make if you are sure that you want to go ahead with this. (And have sex with your beloved before July 2019, lol.)
Also, have you thought about birth control, and have you discussed with her about how many kids you want ? I'm just suggesting you have this talk with her because you sound a bit naive. It's possible that she will want to have babies right away. Are you up for that ?
Try to work out what the expectations are on both sides before you make any major commitment.
Yes I already ask her about birth control. At start of our relationship she told me that using condoms is for slut, it is not for couple.. But with all our problems, last week, I told her, I want use condom or contraceptive pill.. She told me she is ok about condoms (she argues that pill is not good and may make her sterile). She also said it is good for her to control birth because she doesn't want our son without dad.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

guillaume382 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Yes I already ask her about birth control. At start of our relationship she told me that using condoms is for slut, it is not for couple.. But with all our problems, last week, I told her, I want use condom or contraceptive pill.. She told me she is ok about condoms (she argues that pill is not good and may make her sterile). She also said it is good for her to control birth because she doesn't want our son without dad.
:facepalm: she wont let u fuck her, only go down on her, but she knows condoms are for sluts and pills will make her sterile> :stir:
are u sure she is a virgin?? OR>>>>>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:44 pm

:facepalm: she wont let u fuck her, only go down on her, but she knows condoms are for sluts and pills will make her sterile> :stir:

Agree. it all smells
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Many Cambodian girls think along these lines, so I'm not surprised to be honest.
guillaume382
Expatriate
France

Post by guillaume382 »

Can you make a clear reply ?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

guillaume382 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:57 pm Can you make a clear reply ?
Me?

Many Cambodian girls feel condoms are for hookers, and many Cambodian girls are scared they will not get pregnant after using contraceptive medication for a while. I think each and every Cambodian girl knows 'a girl' who had difficulty getting pregnant after using 'the pill'. Plus, they are afraid they will get fat from taking it.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Kammekor wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:01 pm
guillaume382 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:57 pm Can you make a clear reply ?
Me?

Many Cambodian girls feel condoms are for hookers, and many Cambodian girls are scared they will not get pregnant after using contraceptive medication for a while. I think each and every Cambodian girl knows 'a girl' who had difficulty getting pregnant after using 'the pill'. Plus, they are afraid they will get fat from taking it.
Off topic, but they aren't afraid of getting fat eating every 2 hours. :stir:
Don't forget the water buffalo
guillaume382
Expatriate
France

Post by guillaume382 »

She told yesterday, her friend lost her baby in belly (3months ago). And so she told me she scared about taking pills yes
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic