68yo Croatian NINOSLAV MILINKOVIC Found Dead After Hurting Himself Chasing a Monkey

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 68yo Croatian NINOSLAV MILINKOVIC Found Dead After Hurting Himself Chasing a Monkey

Post by John Bingham »

CBEQ wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:16 pm RIP. I've never had to chase a monkey out of where I live, worst is maybe a mouse. What do they do? Steal your food and belongings? I recall reading about that American guy having his football team hat stolen and paralyzed himself chasing the monkey.
I have. My first apartment here was near Wat Phnom and there were loads of monkeys around at the time. I was near the river and the place I lived in was one of the only places nearby at the time that had a big metal awning over it. So this crowd of monkeys would meander around the neighborhood, crossing streets on overhead wires and stealing shit everywhere they went. Then they'd get to my place and just chill under the shade till the afternoon heat went down. So my whole 10 X 5 meter balcony was covered in chain-link mesh, top and sides - it made me laugh because it seemed like an aviary or zoo-cage but but I was inside! It was tough to try and keep it monkey-proof, they are clever! They stole clothes off my line, destroyed loads of potted plants and were generally a nuisance. There's nothing like the feeling when you're chilling out at home and suddenly notice a pit-bull sized monkey sitting a foot behind you. This one used to flake out on the roof every day, I think he was a junkie. I have pictures of young monkeys sucking on syringes if anyone is interested.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: 68yo Croatian NINOSLAV MILINKOVIC Found Dead After Hurting Himself Chasing a Monkey

Post by Duncan »

Thirteen years ago, I lived in street 102 and the little shits would always get inside my apartment and steal my pens. I didn't mind though cause I thought they probably wanted to learn to write or go to school. That was until I noticed they always chewed the end of the pen off and sucked out the ink. Bloody ink addicts .
Then there was a rather large female monkey with a baby that would always come inside during the heat of the day and watch tv. Until the baby also started stealing my pens.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

very sad story
i have many Croatian friends in Australia
wonderful people
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic