New mobile health clinics arrive from China

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New mobile health clinics arrive from China

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

23 April 2018
Phnom Penh: The first 20 mobile ambulatory clinics, donated by the People's Republic of China to the Kingdom of Cambodia, arrived in Phnom Penh on April 19. In October, another 20 buses will arrive, bringing the countrywide total to 40.
The mobile clinics are equipped for general diseases, obstetrics, asthma, nose, throat, cataracts, radiography, among other things. They are specially designed to travel around and provide professional health services in remote areas where there is little or no health care available.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New mobile health clinics arrive from China

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:26 pm Image
23 April 2018
Phnom Penh: The first 20 mobile ambulatory clinics, donated by the People's Republic of China to the Kingdom of Cambodia, arrived in Phnom Penh on April 19. In October, another 20 buses will arrive, bringing the countrywide total to 40.
The mobile clinics are equipped for general diseases, obstetrics, asthma, nose, throat, cataracts, radiography, among other things. They are specially designed to travel around and provide professional health services in remote areas where there is little or no health care available.
I saw them driving by a few days back and was wondering what they were. I guessed they were mobile clinics because I could see some medical chairs etc in the back. I was surprised at the number. It's an interesting initiative, I haven't hard much about it but I wish it success.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Good, hope to see more of this. IIRC both the Chinese and US navies send hospital ships regularly and provide medical and dental treatment to impoverished Khmers far upcountry, not only in the port.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

now the golden question is, will there be properly trained doctors n medics in it?, will there be enough funding to keep it running? will there be proper maintenance on the vehicle?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

That was a retorical question wasn't it?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

bolueeleh wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:36 am now the golden question is, will there be properly trained doctors n medics in it?, will there be enough funding to keep it running? will there be proper maintenance on the vehicle?
And will there be a secure lock on the fuel-tank input / exit
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

The Chinese have mobile units to serve virtually all purposes.............................. :facepalm:

Chinese try mobile death vans

http://www.chinauncensored.tv/execution-vans/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic