Man sells cafe belonging to someone else...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Stramash23
Expatriate

Man sells cafe belonging to someone else...

Post by Stramash23 »

From Kampot Noticeboard:

"Matt Morrison has fraudulently sold Ellie's Cafe. He does not and has never owned Ellie's and I have an entire message thread between himself and I to prove this. He was seen in Kampot today and the immigration police are going to arrest him tomorrow but I suspect he will have already skipped town, or is planning to. If anyone sees him and can stop him leaving so that the money can be returned to those who have been misled into buying the place fraudulently, you will be rewarded for your efforts. Thank you."
Too weird to live, too rare to die
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Man sells cafe belonging to someone else...

Post by AmericanSteve »

This couldn't have happened if due diligence had been done.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

AmericanSteve wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 am This couldn't have happened if due diligence had been done.
Not the first time this has happened in the KoW. An amazing number of people wanting to go into business without having a clue.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Anybody want to buy a forum about Cambodia?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why would ANYONE buy any business anywhere, without looking at the business license and tax receipts.?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

fax wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:23 am Anybody want to buy a forum about Cambodia?
I have a very nice bridge in Sydney for sale if anyone's interested
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 am
fax wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:23 am Anybody want to buy a forum about Cambodia?
I have a very nice bridge in Sydney for sale if anyone's interested
People like you make me really angry in your efforts to extort money from the sale of something to do not own.

You should know by now that it is only sold on a share basis at $5000 a share. There are only 1000 shares and you get a certificate of shareholder-ship.

For $100 you can purchase a secret ownership of one of the blue-stone blocks that make up the supports to the bridge. There are 29562 original blocks and for the small investment of $100 you an have your family name engraved on the inside of the blocks. Although you cannot visit the site and see you engraved block, due to security concerns, we will send you a photograph to confirm your family legacy.

Alternatively if you want an investment that will return a modest income you can invest in the soon to be Toll booth for trains crossing the bridge. Investment into this never before offered goldmine is available at $25 @ share. Only 100,000 shares to be offered and the toll booth will be installed as soon as all shares are sold.

Please do not continue with your false claims as you make it difficult for us genuine business men to offer these genuine gold plated opportunities to gullible morons with more money than sense. =@
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ellen Dang
6 hrs
Matt Morrison, pictured below, has fraudulently sold Ellie's Cafe in Kampot. He does not and has never owned Ellie's and I have an entire message thread between himself and I to prove this. I have always been the owner of Ellie's and Matt, who I thought was a friend, was running the place for me in my absence. He was seen in Kampot today and the immigration police are going to arrest him tomorrow but I suspect he will have already skipped town, or is planning to. If anyone sees him please call the police immediately and post here. Thank you!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
VLayHo-ho-ho
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by VLayHo-ho-ho »

From the owner:
I had to leave the country and Matt took over the running of the place for me. this seemed like a huge a favour to me during such a difficult time. I told him that I wanted to sell the business and we agreed that if he arranged the sale he would keep anything over my asking price as commission. This was almost a year ago. Shortly after this he told me that he wanted to buy it but it would take some time to get the money together. He kept delaying the completion date, with different excuses about not being able to afford it. Meanwhile, he was setting up his own deal by behind my back and this has apparently been going on since January. There are 32 screenshots about this so I can't post them all but, essentially, he said that he still intended to give me the asking price but had negotiated a deal way above what I was asking and wanted to make sure he got all of that. He told me he would get his family to transfer the money to me and then deleted Facebook, blocked me on messenger and turned off his phone!
There was no sarcasm or malice intended during the making of this post.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

he leaves his place of business for a year and asks him to sell it for him and never thought something might happen?
what was he thinking??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic