Doctors in Phnom Penh.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Doctors in Phnom Penh.

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Can anyone recommend a proper doctor foreign or Cambodian in Phnom Penh and an indication of fees. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Doctors in Phnom Penh.

Post by chkwoot »

More specifics would help.

When any of my relatives need a checkup, I take them to Chenda http://www.chendapolyclinic.com. $15-$25 iirc.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

chkwoot wrote:More specifics would help.
Thanks. Just looking for a G.P.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Long-time medical practitioner in Cambodia, British Dr Gavin Scott of the http://www.travellersmedicalclinic.com on St. 108. Most folks have been there and report being well satisfied, including me.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Thanks guys. I probably should have posted this in Ask the Expats section.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 am Long-time medical practitioner in Cambodia, British Dr Gavin Scott of the http://www.travellersmedicalclinic.com on St. 108. Most folks have been there and report being well satisfied, including me.
Initial fee 50$ plus tests. Follow ups slightly cheaper.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

It might be worth a mention that Dr. Gavin Scott spent 5 months in prison for allegedly raping teenage boys.
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:30 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 am Long-time medical practitioner in Cambodia, British Dr Gavin Scott of the http://www.travellersmedicalclinic.com on St. 108. Most folks have been there and report being well satisfied, including me.
Initial fee 50$ plus tests. Follow ups slightly cheaper.
Initial fee was raised to $70 last time I was there, and the tests cost a small fortune. Consultation and a few blood test was almost $300 in January.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

I strongly second the Chenda Clinic recommendation. My gf and here mother were very well-treated there at moderate prices and with courtesy.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I suppose Dr Scott it is. I have a fear of going to the doctor. The last time was when I had dengue fever back in '07. I always think they'll say that I only have 3 months to live. I'm too busy for that dying nonsense, but I suppose a checkup every 10 years or so can't hurt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic