nagaworld

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: nagaworld

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Honey69 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 pm Is Darlin Darlin the place in PP where is the hottest ladies or is there other better places? How about service quality? Worth of money?
Friend just got divorced and is looking for some good time.
beauty is in the eye of the beerholder my friend
different strokes for different folks
i personally arent that interested in the high maintenance stick shoved up the arse looking girls that you might find in Darlin Darlin, i prefer my countryside munchkins :D
i think most of the times ive been to Darlin Darlin weve taken girls there, there is some pretty girls in there though, but theres pretty girls everywhere, more classy maybe,
the service is ok-ish, considering how small it is, youre paying $5 for a draft inc. service charge (note: it still costs the same if you get impatient waiting for service and go to the bar yourself)
last time we had a bottle of Vodka, forget the cost
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

Thanks for great info Jamie!
My friend does not mind high maintenance since he has get used to that here in China and his Ex-wife is also one of those. He is just after hottest ladies possible, money is not a problem.
I have seen some pics of your lady friends Jamie and you have very good taste.
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Honey69 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 pm Thanks for great info Jamie!
My friend does not mind high maintenance since he has get used to that here in China and his Ex-wife is also one of those. He is just after hottest ladies possible, money is not a problem.
I have seen some pics of your lady friends Jamie and you have very good taste.
he can always have a look and see if he can find anything that takes his fancy, as i mentioned there are quite a few other clubs just round the corner, Epic, Empire and the newly opened Sound Club, all just a few minutes walk south of Naga World/Darlin Darlin that are full of beautiful local girls

haha and thanks
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

Great! Thank you Jamie again.
My friend will have great time. He is flying to PP next Friday so will hear soon how things went. :popcorn:
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Dcracken wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:11 am

Interesting. I figured the freelancers hustle at Darlin Darlin was the steep prices for their services. Think they are risky even if I stayed at nagaworld and reception took there ID? Even so I may just try my luck with some of the sexy workers that are non pros. Never really done pay for play, but I guess in Cambodia most girls are looking for a financial boost.
If the hotel has her ID, that will certainly help. As for the "sexy workers", I don't think you would have much success. Cambodia is a conservative country.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I had a wealthy friend come over last year with that attitude. It didn't work out well.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 am
Dcracken wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:21 am Also in the running, Sun & Moon Urban Hotel. Right in the heart of the beast. Amanjaya seems a bit overpriced. Any other places to stay you think would be ideal for a solo traveler, that wants to see it all, let me know.
its nice up on the roof terrace, and has a great location on 136, only been open a few years, not stayed there myself though so cant comment on the rooms, im not really a fancy hotel kinda guy
I stayed in the Sun & Moon just after it opened. Not bad but you need to choose your room wisely as some rooms are extremely noisy.

I always liked the Amanjaya; my go-to place when I worked in Chau Doc 14-15 years ago when there was not much choice. Gotten a little too expensive.

I quite like the River 108. The rooms facing the back are large and quiet; the front-facing rooms get the full blast from the Night market.
Dcracken
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Dcracken »

Yeah, amanjaya im still considering. I will check out the other ones. Riverside suites got some nice reviews too, in a prime location. Kind of wanted to check out bunny bar and oscars bar. They are supposedly an 8 minute walk from riverside suites.
Riverside suites is also around the corner from candy bar...and close to corner bar. They don’t have the best reviews but I like the fact that there open 24 hrs.
Anyone know of any other decent 24 hr bars?
You guys have been really cool with suggestions...thanks again
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Dcracken wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:49 am Yeah, amanjaya im still considering. I will check out the other ones. Riverside suites got some nice reviews too, in a prime location. Kind of wanted to check out bunny bar and oscars bar. They are supposedly an 8 minute walk from riverside suites.
Riverside suites is also around the corner from candy bar...and close to corner bar. They don’t have the best reviews but I like the fact that there open 24 hrs.
Anyone know of any other decent 24 hr bars?
You guys have been really cool with suggestions...thanks again
I stayed at Riverside Suites (a long time ago) and it was a huge suite with great river views.
Oscars bar in st. 104 is a (very good) live music bar from 10pm every day. They do have hostesses. Not to be confused with Oskar restaurant on the Riverside. Bunny bar is a bit rough, as are all the bars in 104 really, except maybe Air Force and OneZeroFour. That doesn't mean they are bad, just a bit rough, especially the toilets!
The 24 hour bars are all at or close to the intersection of 136 and 5. Again, they are all a bit rough. All the other bars open around 5pm.
Candy and Corner seem to have both gone a bit quiet lately.
Again, if you are new to Cambodia, it would be wise to start with the smarter bars so you don't get culture shock. Most of the bars on the north side of the block on 130 between 5 and 13 would qualify, especially Ponytails, Honey Pot, Sensations. It won't take long before you move on to rougher places!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:18 am
I had a wealthy friend come over last year with that attitude. It didn't work out well.
To explain this point. IMHO, really good-looking young Cambodian girls will have a Khmer bf and if you take one, her heart will not be in her work and she will want to get away from you as soon as she can. Much better to take pot luck in a reputable bar, choose a girl or two to drink with and have some fun. If you're lucky some girl who looks good will warm to you and you'll have a great time. If not, you've still had a nice time and you can try again tomorrow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic