nagaworld

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: nagaworld

Post by armchairlawyer »

The best hotel I ever stayed in PP is the Niron, on Riverside. The river view rooms are not rooms, they are (nicely fitted-out) suites, the views are superb. Cost about $75. Well placed for streets 104 and 130.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if ur looking for really nice rooms try the FCC club on riverside
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Dcracken wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:07 am Reading up a bit more on Nagaworld. Considering staying there in Nagaworld 1. I understand it caters to a mostly Asian demographic, but how would that effect me as a westerner? It seems they have solid restaurants, entertainment, nightlife, plus the famous Darlin Darlin Lounge.
Reviews I have read are generally good but was wondering what you guys thought?
It seems many just never leave the complex, however i would like to explore the area and get out as well. Is the area safe and walkable? Anything nearby? I would appreciate your views as far as pros and cons in staying there.
For a Westerner Nagaworld is fine. You could walk around that area reasonably pleasantly in the late afternoon and early evening. Otherwise you would be taking taxis to other places. Taxis are cheap (use Exnet). You want to avoid tuktuks as you will be spending half your life haggling down to a price that will still be higher than a taxi. Basically Nagaworld would be good if you want to spend a lot of time in the complex. Otherwise not. For nightlife, I would say Nagaworld is not so good for a Westerner. If you want to chat/flirt with girls, the hostess bars work well because the girls get money for every drink you buy them. In freelancer bars such as Darlin Darlin, the girls have to find a way to hustle. Plus if you take one out, you are taking more of a risk with a freelancer, however posh the bar in which you met her. The hostess bar owners (some more than others) will generally take some responsibility for the way that their girls behave.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:38 am The best hotel I ever stayed in PP is the Niron, on Riverside. The river view rooms are not rooms, they are (nicely fitted-out) suites, the views are superb. Cost about $75. Well placed for streets 104 and 130.
niron is a piece of crap, rooms filled with mozzies, tiles in toilet broken, held together by glue, wash basin cabinet broken, held tgt by haphazardly nailed chip board, dirty stone bathtub that looked like have never been scrubbed for months, breakfast closed as cook is sick, never going back again
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:00 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:38 am The best hotel I ever stayed in PP is the Niron, on Riverside. The river view rooms are not rooms, they are (nicely fitted-out) suites, the views are superb. Cost about $75. Well placed for streets 104 and 130.
niron is a piece of crap, rooms filled with mozzies, tiles in toilet broken, held together by glue, wash basin cabinet broken, held tgt by haphazardly nailed chip board, dirty stone bathtub that looked like have never been scrubbed for months, breakfast closed as cook is sick, never going back again
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. It was nearly two years ago that I stayed there.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Red Hibiscus is pretty good if you can handle stairs, right on the riverside with a decent restaurant to boot. Nice clean rooms and fresh sheets as well.
Dcracken
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Dcracken »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:59 am
Dcracken wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:07 am Reading up a bit more on Nagaworld. Considering staying there in Nagaworld 1. I understand it caters to a mostly Asian demographic, but how would that effect me as a westerner? It seems they have solid restaurants, entertainment, nightlife, plus the famous Darlin Darlin Lounge.
Reviews I have read are generally good but was wondering what you guys thought?
It seems many just never leave the complex, however i would like to explore the area and get out as well. Is the area safe and walkable? Anything nearby? I would appreciate your views as far as pros and cons in staying there.
For a Westerner Nagaworld is fine. You could walk around that area reasonably pleasantly in the late afternoon and early evening. Otherwise you would be taking taxis to other places. Taxis are cheap (use Exnet). You want to avoid tuktuks as you will be spending half your life haggling down to a price that will still be higher than a taxi. Basically Nagaworld would be good if you want to spend a lot of time in the complex. Otherwise not. For nightlife, I would say Nagaworld is not so good for a Westerner. If you want to chat/flirt with girls, the hostess bars work well because the girls get money for every drink you buy them. In freelancer bars such as Darlin Darlin, the girls have to find a way to hustle. Plus if you take one out, you are taking more of a risk with a freelancer, however posh the bar in which you met her. The hostess bar owners (some more than others) will generally take some responsibility for the way that their girls behave.
Interesting. I figured the freelancers hustle at Darlin Darlin was the steep prices for their services. Think they are risky even if I stayed at nagaworld and reception took there ID? Even so I may just try my luck with some of the sexy workers that are non pros. Never really done pay for play, but I guess in Cambodia most girls are looking for a financial boost.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:00 pm
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. It was nearly two years ago that I stayed there.
stayed there a month ago
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Gardiguy wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm Red Hibiscus is pretty good if you can handle stairs, right on the riverside with a decent restaurant to boot. Nice clean rooms and fresh sheets as well.
my mate is a regular there also
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

Is Darlin Darlin the place in PP where is the hottest ladies or is there other better places? How about service quality? Worth of money?
Friend just got divorced and is looking for some good time.
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic