Turkish Owner of Mr Mediterranean Restaurant in Phnom Penh TUNCER DALKA Injured in Drive-by Shooting

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Turkish Owner of Mr Mediterranean Restaurant in Phnom Penh TUNCER DALKA Injured in Drive-by Shooting

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News:cA Turkish man was injured in both legs after an unidentified gunman approached and shot him. The shooting occurred on April 18, 2018 at 1:50am on St 49, Village 8, Sangkat Phsar Thmey III, Khan Daun Penh.

According to a witness, the victim was walking along Street 49, when a black Toyota Lexus drew up beside him and three or four shots were fired. Three shells were found at the scene.
The victim was identified as a 40 year old Turkish national called TUNCER DALKA and owner of the Turkish restaurant called Mr Mediterranean. He was transported to Royal Phnom Penh Hospital by tuktuk. His life is not in danger, but he is being treated for bullet wounds in both legs.

ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Turkish man injured in Phnom Penh drive-by shooting episode

Post by that genius »

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Shoulda done both arms instead.... clean your own ass or feed yourself?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: The victim of the shooting, Mr TUNCER DALKA, is the owner of Mr. Mediterranean Restaurant in Phnom Penh.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
camborambo
Expatriate
Switzerland

Re: Turkish Owner of Mr Mediterranean Restaurant in Phnom Penh TUNCER DALKA Injured in Drive-by Shooting

Post by camborambo »

Maybe the gunman got served the same food as me....
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Turkish Owner of Mr Mediterranean Restaurant in Phnom Penh TUNCER DALKA Injured in Drive-by Shooting

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Wonder who he pissed off, or didn't pay off?
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 pm Wonder who he pissed off, or didn't pay off?
I doner know...
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Pretty easy to piss someone off in that area. Come to think of it he is the first guy ever that I talked to, that got shot.
Holdfast
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Holdfast »

There have been a bunch of Turks in that restaurant, mostly related I think, brothers cousins etc. That looks like the guy who had a fair idea of running a restaurant and I haven't seen since about early March. A couple of others, including the cook appear to be missing from the place as well. The place was up for sale in December, according to a previous post, maybe they had some sort of disagreement, I know the guy who organised the purchase of the site from the previous owners, or so he told me, wasn't too happy as he seemed to to have been squeezed out when they started the renovations early last year.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Obviously attempted hummuscide
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic