Turkish Owner of Mr Mediterranean Restaurant in Phnom Penh TUNCER DALKA Injured in Drive-by Shooting

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Turkish Owner of Mr Mediterranean Restaurant in Phnom Penh TUNCER DALKA Injured in Drive-by Shooting

Post by General Mackevili »

He was trying to sell it here on CEO 6 months ago. I wonder if trouble was already brewing.

businesses-for-sale/mediterranean-resta ... 15699.html

I'm guessing he didn't sell it, as the last name matches the email address. TUNCER DALKA must go by TONY.

ImageImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Holdfast
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Turkish Owner of Mr Mediterranean Restaurant in Phnom Penh TUNCER DALKA Injured in Drive-by Shooting

Post by Holdfast »

Yes, that's him, the guy up until about 6-7 weeks ago was obviously an owner and he was calling all the shots in running the place and doing a pretty good job of it. I think there were co owners in the joint that also worked there, a sort of partnership arrangement. Maybe he sold his share to the other partners and they weren't happy, and that's how they handle their disputes. Better than kneecapping I guess.

There seemed to be some sort of connection with the other Turkish restaurant called Instanbul, a little north on 51. There has been 3-4 changes of personnel running that place since it opened, what about 2 years ago.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Holdfast wrote:Yes, that's him, the guy up until about 6-7 weeks ago was obviously an owner and he was calling all the shots in running the place and doing a pretty good job of it. I think there were co owners in the joint that also worked there, a sort of partnership arrangement. Maybe he sold his share to the other partners and they weren't happy, and that's how they handle their disputes. Better than kneecapping I guess.

There seemed to be some sort of connection with the other Turkish restaurant called Instanbul, a little north on 51. There has been 3-4 changes of personnel running that place since it opened, what about 2 years ago.
That makes sense. The website was in another name too.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SrokKhmer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SrokKhmer »

Word on the street is that the Turkish guy had a problem with a General here and thats why he got shot.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Turks in Cambodia seem to disproportionately get involved in committing violence and being victims of violence.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:30 pm Turks in Cambodia seem to disproportionately get involved in committing violence and being victims of violence.
Waiter, Ankara moi!
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:30 pm Turks in Cambodia seem to disproportionately get involved in committing violence and being victims of violence.
Turks seems to do same everywhere they go. In Finland they own many pizza places and run things like mafia. :assasin:
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic