British English Teacher STEVE EDWARDS Arrested After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British English Teacher STEVE EDWARDS Arrested After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Post by chkwoot »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:49 pm See, he's just pretending.

Poor Steve. I've known him for years and he's a good guy. Getting deported back home is probably a good move for anyone who ends up begging on the streets of Phnom Penh. I wish him the best.
How long has he been here? Before he became homeless, where would he hangout/drink? Did he look different before? What vice sent him on his downward spiral? Meth? Horse? Booze? Slappers? All the above? I don't think I've ever met him. Hope he does well back home. Best thing that could've happened to David Finch (Broken Bricks) and his son, who received a university scholarship. https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/br ... eportation
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British English Teacher STEVE EDWARDS Arrested After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Post by xandreu »

I had a brief encounter with him several weeks ago. It was obvious to me that he was either suffering with mental health problems or he had drug issues. I couldn't work out which. Possibly both.

Either way, he wasn't mentally healthy and after having been arrested for begging / homelessness, it's clear that he doesn't have a support network out here, so perhaps this, and hopefully being sent home on the next plane out of here, will be just what he needs to get himself back on track. I wish the guy well.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:34 pm Phnom Penh, Cambodia: A 48 year old British man, Stephen Brian Edwards, has been detained after becoming homeless, sleeping on the streets and begging for money in Phnom Penh around Street 172.

Recently, the department of investigations and procedures took Stephen Edwards from Psar Kandl police post to the immigration department to follow legal procedures.

The whores took his money
Booze took his looks
Meth took his mind
Cigarettes took his health
and Cambodia took his soul.

There goes I but for the grace of SKY DADDY!
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
FGW1
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by FGW1 »

I also knew Steve in 2010-2011 in Phnom Penh. I found him to be a decent guy. It's a shame to see him in difficulty. I hope he makes it to the UK and gets a fresh start.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic