FREE HOTEL STAYS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR 2 NIGHTS (or $50 off/must be booked through Citi's Travel Portal)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

FREE HOTEL STAYS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR 2 NIGHTS (or $50 off/must be booked through Citi's Travel Portal)

Post by General Mackevili »

This deal is too good to be true, and I just put it to the test, and it's 100% legit. The ONLY catch is you have to have a CITI credit card to do it, and I assume a good amount of people with credit cards from the US are through Citi. I have the Citi Prestige card, but I believe that it works with any Citi card that gives you 'ThankYou points,' which should be all of them except maybe the 2% cash back card.

I just booked a 2-night hotel stay for the missus in Siem Reap, and the total came to $60 USD, and I added the promo code "CITI50" through their Thankyou Points Travel Portal and it dropped it down to $10 for both nights. Cam Nivag got me onto this, and I believe he has been able to use it multiple times, so I assume it will work for any reservation for 2 nights or more. It's also only available through the end of April.

And it's a pretty simple discount. It just takes off $50 from any booking of 2 nights or more, so if you want to stay somewhere for free for 2 nights, just book something that is only $25 a night or less, which can get you pretty decent places with pools and breakfast these days, especially in Siem Reap.

I assume if you really want to game their system, and you're staying somewhere for more than 2 nights, you can just book 2 nights at a time, getting $25 off each night for as many bookings as you do.

With the Citi Prestige card I also get every 4th night free (which you can also apply to this $50 off deal), and I've even booked 4 nights with that card, then one night on another card, and then another 4 nights, getting 2 nights for free. Before you say it's shiesty, I actually called up Citi's concierge service and told them EXACTLY what I wanted to do first, and they told me it was perfectly fine, although that's not how it was intended to work, LoL.

So there you go. If you have any credit card issued through Citi Bank that gives you access to their thankyou rewards travel portal, you get $50 off any booking of 2 nights or more, which can end up being free if the nightly rate is $25 or less.

You can also book it on behalf of others and you still get the $50 off for the reservation. And as always, I believe you will also collect points for the part you pay in cash/charge as normal.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: FREE HOTEL STAYS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR 2 NIGHTS (or $50 off/must be booked through Citi's Travel Portal)

Post by chkwoot »

That sounds great, but I don't have a Citi cc. Can I "borrow" your's? Thanks you berry mutt! :ROFL:
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: FREE HOTEL STAYS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR 2 NIGHTS (or $50 off/must be booked through Citi's Travel Portal)

Post by Cam Nivag »

This is a temporary deal only for stays made in the next two weeks
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:39 am This is a temporary deal only for stays made in the next two weeks
that sucks, have a citi platinum card but wont be heading out for my road trip till end of june
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Just passing this along;

Exclusive for Travelfish readers: Save an additional 7% at Agoda
Use promo code Tfishpromo »

https://www.agoda.com/travelfish
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic