Tips for ethical travel in Cambodia

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Tips for ethical travel in Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:11 pm 7. Don't buy birds to release for merit and don't buy tarantulas anymore, they are becoming threatened.
Do they do the turtles thing here, like they do in Thailand?
What's that?
i dont think the turtles come up to nest/lay their eggs in the gulf.
they do sell turtles ( when my daughter was young we broght one and took it home-- they looked at us like we were weird) at some temples, (few and far between) to release into the ponds on the temple grounds

13.Dont drive or take night bus's between cities.
14.dont drink to much Lao Khao when offered to you at villages celebrations
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Post on a forum about your kidnapped kids DON'T

Drive at night DON'T

Speak to Filipinos about hats DON'T

Murder your wife and tell CEO about it DON'T
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:45 am i dont think the turtles come up to nest/lay their eggs in the gulf.
They do, on both sides

http://www.britishcheloniagroup.org.uk/ ... 6n3aureggi
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:11 pm 7. Don't buy birds to release for merit and don't buy tarantulas anymore, they are becoming threatened.
8. Sell oranges Dont

9. Trust a fart Dont

10. Fall in love with bargirl Dont
Now your just actively trying to sabotage my holiday.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:45 amthey do sell turtles ( when my daughter was young we broght one and took it home-- they looked at us like we were weird) at some temples, (few and far between) to release into the ponds on the temple grounds
I bought a couple of small ones from the night market and threw them in our pond. They died. Turns out they were tortoises.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Open your heart and open your wallet /purse, when you get home you may be a few dollars poorer but it may make a difference to people here.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

atst wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:54 pm Open your heart and open your wallet /purse, when you get home you may be a few dollars poorer but it may make a difference to people here.
:please:
DONT''
it just encourages them to keep at it, instead off finding real work
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic