Title says it all really...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ice-skating as a new Cambodian sport

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Ice skating CAMBODIA-STYLE
April 13, 2018
At Ice Park on the fourth floor of Aeon Mall, Cambodia’s national figure skating team wrapped up the first ever national competition last weekend.

American coach Rick Reyor, newly-installed head coach of Cambodia’s ice skating team, said despite the unique challenges facing the sport in the Kingdom, progress since the inauguration of the Cambodia Ice Skating Federation in 2015 had been promising.

The national figure skating team currently consists of nine skaters – thirteen in total including junior members and reserves. A further six athletes are training for short-track with an additional two not on the A team.

Reyor said that it may be early for his young skaters to think about the upcoming 2018 Asian Games, but the Federation did have their eyes on other regional and international tournaments in the future.

“The first competition for short-track – the Asian Games in Jakarta – this year may be a bit of a stretch because it’s all quite new for them, he said. “But we definitely have our eyes on the next Asian Games,” he added.

Kuala Lumpur was the first SEA Games in which ice skating was included as a discipline and was also the very first time Cambodia had competed on the international stage for a winter sport.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50302563/i ... dia-style/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Ice-skating as a new Cambodian sport

Post by Duncan »

Took my eight year old skating today for the second time at the AEON rink and like everything she does she skates as if she is a proffsional ice skater. Makes me so proud to have a kid that can tackle any challenge that comes her way
Unlike me cannot even post the video.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

aint it grand when ur take ur daughter to try an new sport and she takes to it like a duck to water!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Duncan wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:20 pm Took my eight year old skating today for the second time at the AEON rink and like everything she does she skates as if she is a proffsional ice skater. Makes me so proud to have a kid that can tackle any challenge that comes her way
Unlike me cannot even post the video.

somehow reminds of jamaican bobsled team in the olympics, dunno why :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Ski Bong!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Hail Satan!
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

She looks great! I’m looking forward to seeing video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic