Any Reviews of Queen Wood Hotel 136 st?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Any Reviews of Queen Wood Hotel 136 st?

Post by Multipox »

Seems ok, although considering the neighborhood, one should expect it to be that kind of place.

But does everything work? hot water, AC, ceiling not crumbling, no foul smells, electricity working, clean...

Does management fix things if they're broken?

Any other problems?

I just read this post about the hotel charging for bring food/drink in from outside.

post88571.html?hilit=Queen%20Wood#p88571

This is a deal breaker.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Any Reviews of Queen Wood Hotel 136 st?

Post by chkwoot »

Multipox wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:50 am Seems ok, although considering the neighborhood, one should expect it to be that kind of place.

But does everything work? hot water, AC, ceiling not crumbling, no foul smells, electricity working, clean...

Any other problems?

I just read this post about the hotel charging for bring food/drink in from outside.

This is a deal breaker.
New client? Congratulations! You got one!

Advise them to change their name, unless they're full of ladyboys with hard-ons. Nothing wrong with that (for some), of course.

Oops! Just clicked the link. Please don't ban me! I did say that there's nothing wrong with that. :please: :D
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Multipox wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:50 am Seems ok, although considering the neighborhood, one should expect it to be that kind of place.

Any other problems?

This is a deal breaker.
What are you expecting ? Just keep reading that thread...
A couple of guests at that hotel have died this year, it really is ground zero for sex tourists. More than a third of the tripadvisor reviews of the hotel rate it "poor" or "terrible."
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

shit hole
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Revie ... _Penh.html
i sometimes stay here
http://www.lonestarcambodia.com/

and here
http://cityhotelphnompenh.com/

if you want really cheap i often stay in this place
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Revie ... _Penh.html
i pay $12 for ac room.

Richard has a fave place, but be aware you will be sleeping in a bed where someone died
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

not too bad, one of the few hotels that allow pets, was staying there in transit when transporting my dog from BKK back to SHV

oh wait i forgot, BKK - bangkok, SHV - sihanoukville, but theres a lot of variation for shitville
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Any other problems?

This is a deal breaker.

Clearly ! Wondering who are the idiots staying at a shithole with such rules !
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Total shitrooms for 30 bucks. A friend showed me his room and I actually had to laugh.
Nice rooftop area but when I was there creepy tourists with hookers where sitting on one side and some flashpackers on the other side.
Funny
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:45 am ....

Richard has a fave place, but be aware you will be sleeping in a bed where someone died
Some goths might like that. Just sayin...
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic