Rooms for rent thailand-Pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Re: Rooms for rent thailand-Pattaya

Post by RogueAnt »

http://www.renthub.in.th/en

Change the details to Pattaya - it's on Bangkok at the moment. Don't forget to check the electricity rate. The government rate is 5 baht but some of the cheaper apartments charge 8 baht and it adds up.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

RogueAnt wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 am http://www.renthub.in.th/en

Change the details to Pattaya - it's on Bangkok at the moment. Don't forget to check the electricity rate. The government rate is 5 baht but some of the cheaper apartments charge 8 baht and it adds up.
the electric rate varies, here in Phuket, i pay 3.8 baht/kwh up to 300 units/month than it goes to 4 baht.
Dropping in on condos will, 9 out of 10, times get u a better rate than going via online...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:57 am Thanks PR,

Yea... I don't normally stay too long in Pattaya but I could in a decent place. That 6K Phuket, deal is it for 1 month or 3 month plus stays? A quick look on bantdeals showed cheap deals but for long stays. 3 months plus. Hey I can only get a 2 months visa! 😅
month to month 2 month, there a few places around....I hit the beach just about every day so phuket appeals to me, past few years when i stop in Pattaya i cant wait to leave, ( few days every few years is enough to visit friends i know living up there) , to much of a city
tourist visa, easily extended at immigration for 30 days for 1,900 baht
than exit and repeat a few times if u desire..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Richard, I'm not being a smart ass but when was the last time you rented a condo? The government rate in Bangkok for a condo is 5 baht.

Also, you corrected the last post I made re opening a bank account at Bangkok Bank. When was the last time you opened a bank account with them? I ask because I did this 6 months ago and they asked for a letter from my embassy. Again, I'm not being a stirrer but maybe your info is a little out of date.

Sure he can probably find a cheaper walk in rate but he still needs some addresses to "walk into" that website that I posted is a starting point.

Thanks.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Thanks guys for the great advice.

Was thinking of 1 month after I saw a mates place. However I was also thinking about 1 week. I might have to do that later anyhow cos Songkran here can be full on and it starts tomorrow. I guess I need to make my plans more concrete😊

Whatever, thanks for that info...I'll be checking it out.

Regards.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

RogueAnt wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 pm Richard, I'm not being a smart ass but when was the last time you rented a condo? The government rate in Bangkok for a condo is 5 baht.

Also, you corrected the last post I made re opening a bank account at Bangkok Bank. When was the last time you opened a bank account with them? I ask because I did this 6 months ago and they asked for a letter from my embassy. Again, I'm not being a stirrer but maybe your info is a little out of date.

Sure he can probably find a cheaper walk in rate but he still needs some addresses to "walk into" that website that I posted is a starting point.

Thanks.
You are being one>>>> :facepalm:
i dont live in Bangkok so have no idea what it is and didn't say what u said is wrong. I said;
....the electric rate varies, here in Phuket,....
Bangkok bank requires a certificate of residency here in Phuket, no need letter for embassy.
most everyone ( but it seems you) know i live in Phuket and what i write applies to here unless i say otherwise...
Why would you need an address for Jomtien; there one road along the beach with dozens of high rise condos on them....

OK?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I was in Jomtien in 2002. There was more than one road back from the beach road then..I imagine by now it has developed even further back, and there are many different places offering rooms, hotels/ residential hotels/ guesthouses etc. so I have no idea why you question his asking for an address.

He's asking for more specific help/details/recommendations, as I see it...I can't offer any, so I just keep quiet.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:55 pm You are being one>>>> :facepalm:
i dont live in Bangkok so have no idea what it is and didn't say what u said is wrong. I said;
....the electric rate varies, here in Phuket,....
Bangkok bank requires a certificate of residency here in Phuket, no need letter for embassy.
most everyone ( but it seems you) know i live in Phuket and what i write applies to here unless i say otherwise...
Why would you need an address for Jomtien; there one road along the beach with dozens of high rise condos on them....

OK?
I have some time on my hands so I will unpack your comments.
Yes, everyone knows you are the Phuket Oracle but the OP was asking for information about Pattaya - and you offered none.

If you don't have residency or a work permit then the easiest way to open a bank account at Bangkok Bank is to get a letter from your embassy, unless you can provide:
A Letter of Reference issued by: (One of the following)
Embassy or international organization
Customer’s home bank to Bangkok Bank via the SWIFT messaging network
Person acceptable to Bangkok Bank e.g. branch officer, customer, government officer or company executive
Educational institution located in Thailand and acceptable to the bank
Company that is acceptable to the bank, confirming the customer is in the process of getting a work permit
http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/ ... count.aspx

Like the poster above mentioned, the OP was asking for recommendations for condos or a website. Did it occur to you he may want to organize it before he arrives.

Anyways, toodle pip.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Rogue Ant, don't leave

We need fresh blood on here

Even a rose-bed is full of pricks.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

I'm not going anywhere!

I'm used to seeing the Oracle's comments on EVERY single forum about Thailand. In fact, if I had the time I would make a meme about it, something similar to "Old Economy Steve".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic