Western Man Injured in Accident, hit by Woman in an Audi

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Western Man Injured in Accident, hit by Woman in an Audi

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: On April 9 at 11:30 am, unidentified foreigner man on a motorbike seriously injured his leg after getting hit by a woman driving an Audi in Sangkat Tumnup Teuk, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh.
Witnesses said that the victim was driving his motorbike just ahead of the woman in the car, in the same direction , when the Audi smashed into the motorbike, causing the man to fall off his bike and break his leg.
The victim was taken to hospital immediately, and the woman driver was detained and taken to the police station to be charged.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Western Man Injured in Accident, hit by Woman in an Audi

Post by Brody »

Where did that gaggle of western looking nurses appear from? They seem to be tending to him nicely.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Brody wrote:Where did that gaggle of western looking nurses appear from? They seem to be tending to him nicely.
Russian hospital is banging the middle of Tumnob Teuk, maybe it was on 430.

I've been shunted from behind by a few idiot women in luxury cars, and one bloke in a ranger. On the phone, at red lights or jammed traffic, all of them.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

epidemiks wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:59 pm
Brody wrote:Where did that gaggle of western looking nurses appear from? They seem to be tending to him nicely.
Does the Khmer-Soviet Hospital have any Russian staff these days? I've never seen any and I live nearby. I must ask one of the people I know who work there, maybe the mad surgeon.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

John Bingham wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:59 pm
Does the Khmer-Soviet Hospital have any Russian staff these days? I've never seen any and I live nearby. I must ask one of the people I know who work there, maybe the mad surgeon.
No idea really, but i can't think of any other place that might have a bunch of blonde nurses around there.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

epidemiks wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:08 am
No idea really, but i can't think of any other place that might have a bunch of blonde nurses around there.
My wild guess is that there is some wiley clinic like SOS or Naga that is sending out teams of attractive white nurses with their ambulances. They try to entice accident victims to go to their overpriced clinics. In this case the guy was semi-conscious and was able to tell them to clear off, he could get his scratched leg patched up at Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital for $15 instead of paying them $1500. Smart lad. Pure speculation of course.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

@John Bingham Hahaha, you're totally right, the wildly overpriced (now well known) SOS Clinic probably trying to get some extra clients in, as most of us don't even want to go near it. When even your (Western) insurance company refuses to pay their incredibly inflated rates, you know SOS "International" is just a ridiculous money making machine, now finally recognized (and refused) by real 'international' insurance companies. I hope SOS Phnom Penh shuts down soon.

On top of that 'SOS International Clinic' does NOT offer any better service or treatment than say Central Hospital. Only SOS Clinic's prices are like 5x (or more) than they charge. Total scam, in my opinion.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Ashcroftie wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:09 am @John Bingham Hahaha, you're totally right, the wildly overpriced (now well known) SOS Clinic probably trying to get some extra clients in, as most of us don't even want to go near it. When even your (Western) insurance company refuses to pay their incredibly inflated rates, you know SOS "International" is just a ridiculous money making machine, now finally recognized (and refused) by real 'international' insurance companies. I hope SOS Phnom Penh shuts down soon.

On top of that 'SOS International Clinic' does NOT offer any better service or treatment than say Central Hospital. Only SOS Clinic's prices are like 5x (or more) than they charge. Total scam, in my opinion.
Probably is but I am very grateful that about 10 years ago Dr Garen saved my life by having me undergo an echo at nearby Aurore clinic before referring me to Sen Sok hospital where I was immediately processed to surgery by French state hospital retiree Dr You Vath.
Total cost for SOS services was actually nil.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic