Siem Reap: British Expat ADAM SCOTT and 7 Others Arrested in Marijuana Raids

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Re: Siem Reap: British Expat ADAM SCOTT and 7 Others Arrested in Marijuana Raids

Post by angsta »

Nihilizt wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:18 pm Hi all !

I could be wrong, but the 2 Khmer people on the first picture strongly look like the owners of an happy pizza restaurant near pub street.

I well known place for some long term expats to order a take away snack at 4:20.

Just saying...

Nice spot.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Siem Reap: British Expat ADAM SCOTT and 7 Others Arrested in Marijuana Raids

Post by that genius »

SrokKhmer wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 pm I dont understand why people allow themselves to be photographed in this way, why dont they simply refuse instead of letting themselves be belittled.
LOL, doh.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia police
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Randolphgb
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Randolphgb »

SrokKhmer wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 pm I dont understand why people allow themselves to be photographed in this way, why dont they simply refuse instead of letting themselves be belittled.
I don't think there's a choice...
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:42 am Image
Cambodia police
WTF! Is that found there??? Looks like Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory!
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Wonder if there is any connection to the arrest of Wayne Brewer
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Nihilizt wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:18 pm the 2 Khmer people on the first picture strongly look like the owners of an happy pizza restaurant near pub street.
Jeez, could this be a harbinger of things to come for certain capital city pizzeria's?

I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoy imbibing in the illicit puff on the odd occasion.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

The only crime here appears to be the quality of the stuff. Looks about as good as Colombian from 40 years back!

Johnny
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Well, Khmer Times say here that Adam Scott is French. But they could be wrong. After all, they also say that the three MEN were sent to jail, and I presume they mean the two men and one woman. Adam Scott doesn't sound very French to me, but I could be wrong as well.
:popcorn:

April 10, 2018
Court charges three over possession of marijuana
Siem Reap Provincial Court yesterday charged one Frenchman and two Cambodians over the possession of 1.6 kilograms of marijuana.

Brigadier General Oum Amara, chief of the Siem Reap provincial anti-drug police bureau, identified the accused as 35-year-old French tourist Adam Scott, 48-year-old grocery vendor Sim Bros, and 48-year-old grocery vendor Prum Neang.

He said Mr Scott was charged with drug use and possession while Mr Bros and Ms Neang were charged with drug possession.

Each suspect faces two to five years in prison if convicted, according to Brig Gen Amara, who said the three men had been sent to jail pending trial.

Captain Huy Saroeun, a Siem Reap provincial anti-drug police officer, said the men were actively selling dried marijuana to foreign tourists in the province.

The three were arrested on Saturday at around midnight at Mr Scott’s rental home in Traing village in Siem Reap city’s Slor Kram commune, according to Cap Saroeun.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50301066/c ... marijuana/
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

johnny lightning wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:47 pm The only crime here appears to be the quality of the stuff. Looks about as good as Colombian from 40 years back!

Johnny
Still full of seeds. If you want good weed you'd be out there with your magnifying glass checking the flowers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic