General Aviation

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Luigi
Expatriate

General Aviation

Post by Luigi »

Are there privately owned light aircraft operating in Cambodia. I have never seen one.
Rotorcraft a few. Yes I get the fact that no (even a few) regional landing ports. But still.
But never a King Air or even a Cessna 152/172 let alone a Citation, Embraear, Bombardier or a Beech.
Or even a cheapo Honda!
I think any of these would be in EZ reach of an average Okhna.

I'm thinking, "if you can't be seen round town then what's the point?
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: General Aviation

Post by Kayve »

There is ... But got no idea where they park them lol. (I have two names in mind but ukno no outing here !)
Don't forget the water buffalo
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Luigi wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:31 pm
Or even a cheapo Honda!
ahemmmm..... cheapo honda? r u refering to honda light jet? it cost $2million+ moolah mind u :shock:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Wow, never guessed they were so expensive!

Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Actually I think the entry level Honda is round 4 mil. The Cirrus is round 2 mil, give or take a few 100K.
I could be wrong, I often am.
Maybe there are a few round but just have never seen. Stateside if you live near a metro city they are like Camry's.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

i am not very up to date on the personal jet market :D , but i know kingair 350 can be as low as 500K on the resale market, those babies r nice and good fuel economy too 8)
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

bolueeleh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:03 pm i am not very up to date on the personal jet market :D , but i know kingair 350 can be as low as 500K on the resale market, those babies r nice and good fuel economy too 8)
Hell yeah.
My favorite small craft. Have a friend who owns one outright. Lives on a runway w/hanger underneath.
He named it Miss Penny after his lovely wife. Many a mile flown in that.
Luv the a/c feature when on the tarmac.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Full Disclosure:
A retraction is in order. My friend just informed me his a KingAir 250.
I will now resign from my previous post as air hopping bum.
Sad. :(
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Luigi wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:31 pm Are there privately owned light aircraft operating in Cambodia. I have never seen one.
Rotorcraft a few. Yes I get the fact that no (even a few) regional landing ports. But still.
But never a King Air or even a Cessna 152/172 let alone a Citation, Embraear, Bombardier or a Beech.
Or even a cheapo Honda!

There is a Gulfstream on the Apron in Phnom Penh, owned by Naga World. It is managed by a friend from the US who lives in Malaysia. A Hawker buisiness jet is based there as well. Few years ago a prince of the Royal family opened a flying club, with Pipers, Aerospatial and other GA aircraft, can't remember whether it included Cessnas. Club closed down, all equipment sold. Few Microlights around, one trike in Siem Reap, another trike flying boat flying of the beach in Sihanoukville.
Up to two month ago we had two Aeroprak A22's, a blue and a yellow one operated by Sergey and Sergey, owned by yet another Sergey. They did not make enough money and left after their two year stay in REP.
Helistar, Helicopters Cambodia with EC135 helicopters, as well as an Alouette in Phnom Penh, two Mi26's on the ramp in PP are the helis I am awqare off.
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 135 »

OKW wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm
Luigi wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:31 pm Are there privately owned light aircraft operating in Cambodia. I have never seen one.
Or even a cheapo Honda!

There is a Gulfstream on the Apron in Phnom Penh, owned by Naga World. It is managed by a friend from the US who lives in Malaysia. A Hawker buisiness jet is based there as well. Few years ago a prince of the Royal family opened a flying club, with Pipers, Aerospatial and other GA aircraft, can't remember whether it included Cessnas. Club closed down, all equipment sold. Few Microlights around, one trike in Siem Reap, another trike flying boat flying of the beach in Sihanoukville.
Up to two month ago we had two Aeroprak A22's, a blue and a yellow one operated by Sergey and Sergey, owned by yet another Sergey. They did not make enough money and left after their two year stay in REP.
Helistar, Helicopters Cambodia with EC135 helicopters, as well as an Alouette in Phnom Penh, two Mi26's on the ramp in PP are the helis I am awqare off.
The biz jets are B registered, nothing private under XU except for helicopters.
UDG has the EC135. That Alouette is cool, there was a video circulating a few months ago when they started it up.
IMO a Caravan flying freight and pax around the provincial centers would be a good business opportunity.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic