Seeking police contact at mid to high level...Possibly urgent. - Legit request?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Seeking police contact at mid to high level...Possibly urgent. - Legit request?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

This has been posted on several PP Facebook groups by several different people, I'm wondering whether their profiles have been hacked or whether it's a genuine request, seems odd that the same post would be made by several different people on different FB groups.
Anyone here have a close and trusted police contact at mid to high level? Possibly urgent. PM only.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Seeking police contact at mid to high level...Possibly urgent. - Legit request?

Post by General Mackevili »

What's suspicious about that? :stir:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Seeking police contact at mid to high level...Possibly urgent. - Legit request?

Post by John Bingham »

I know some very close and trusted army guys. I wouldn't dream of calling them or giving their number to anyone else unless it was an urgent problem involving myself or family, and that never happens much. This mongo should call the tourist police;

1- Tourist Police - Phnom Penh

Phone: 012 942 484
Address: St. 598, 12107, Phnom Penh
2- Tourist Police - Siem Reap

Phone: 012 402 424
Address: Mondul 3 Village, Sangkat Slor Kram, Siem Reap City, Siem Reap
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

hahaha more like attracting mid to high scammers, idiots :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

John Bingham wrote:
1- Tourist Police - Phnom Penh

Phone: 012 942 484
Address: St. 598, 12107, Phnom Penh
Weird that tourist police is on 598. Not exactly a hotbed area for tourists.

Any idea where exactly on 598?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

bolueeleh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:23 pm hahaha more like attracting mid to high scammers, idiots :D
I have it on good authority that it is a legit request.

598 is in Russey Keo...last time I had dealings with the Tourist Police they were based out Pochentong way.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
bolueeleh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:23 pm hahaha more like attracting mid to high scammers, idiots :D
I have it on good authority that it is a legit request.

598 is in Russey Keo...last time I had dealings with the Tourist Police they were based out Pochentong way.
I dealt with the tourist police for my damaged passport, was right beside the the place for the drivers licenses, which I believe is the public works place IIRC.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

They often patrol white areas like Riverside.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: 598 is in Russey Keo...last time I had dealings with the Tourist Police they were based out Pochentong way.
I don’t think so.
598 is Phnom Penh Thmey.

It’s not really that close to Russey Keo (as per my understanding of sangkat boundaries)
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:22 pm This has been posted on several PP Facebook groups by several different people, I'm wondering whether their profiles have been hacked or whether it's a genuine request, seems odd that the same post would be made by several different people on different FB groups.
Anyone here have a close and trusted police contact at mid to high level? Possibly urgent. PM only.
Far as I saw its the same guy he seems to have two profiles and two different spellings of the name but though I don't know the guy I'd suggest he is legit as he is a mod on the boards he posted so pretty sure he'd know if he was hacked.

Maybe for once people read the goddam post and PM'd him!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic