Keeping in touch with a bar girl after first visit to Cambodia

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Keeping in touch with a bar girl after first visit to Cambodia

Post by Kuroneko »

jah steu wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:55 pm
If you want to buy her a phone so she can do Line, Messenger, Facebook, Viber etc, buy a generic brand for $100 or less.
But remember if you do, this will likely increase her customer base and marketing potential! :plus1:
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

So what's it going be? Are you gonna Man Up and buy the IPhone X256GB or forever be a Cheap Charlie and front up with a mere IPhone 6s?

You know the game, right? They are for fun, and you know in your heart that they make really bad girlfriends.

I know they come from extremely poor families and deserve a break, but my advice is every time you feel the need to send her money, just randomly pay a poor kid's school fees or something like that; you'll sleep a lot better. Zzzz zzz...
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Randolphgb wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:42 pm
Anyway, normally after meeting a nice bar girl we exchange Line details. But this particular girl was young and probably new in the bar game as she had no Line, FB or smartphone.

Is this normal? Has anybody seen this before? I'm used to all Thai girls having Line and smartphones, and a lot of Khmer girls seemed to have them, too.

I have the girls number, which is actually her sister's phone and one of the old style handsets. Any advice on the best way to keep in touch with her while I wait for my next excursion in a few weeks?
That's not normal at all. Smart phones are everywhere now and an ok one can be bought for less than $50. Motodops, cleaners and kids have them. An old style Nokia can be bought for ten bucks. So there's some bullshit going on there, either she's just lying or her sisteris pimping her ass out. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

run away
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

:dragonchase:
Randolphgb
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Randolphgb »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:28 pm
That's not normal at all. Smart phones are everywhere now and an ok one can be bought for less than $50. Motodops, cleaners and kids have them. An old style Nokia can be bought for ten bucks. So there's some bullshit going on there, either she's just lying or her sisteris pimping her ass out. 8)
[/quote]

Could be something along those lines. The sister is definitely involved. Could be just getting her a bit of a better paying job. I bar fined her and went for a walk and for food but she said she doesn’t go back to hotel and she has to get home to her mother who don’t know about her job at the bar and would be angry. Didn’t ask for money . All quite strange.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Randolphgb wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:50 pm
Could be something along those lines. The sister is definitely involved. Could be just getting her a bit of a better paying job. I bar fined her and went for a walk and for food but she said she doesn’t go back to hotel and she has to get home to her mother who don’t know about her job at the bar and would be angry. Didn’t ask for money . All quite strange.
[/quote]

she is playing the long game :cry:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:53 pm
Randolphgb wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:50 pm
she is playing the long game :cry:
Not normal at all?
ive known lots of girls over the years that have come to start working in my Khmer friends bars (and others) that are fresh from the province/off the boat that dont have smart phones, usually dont speak or write/read English either,
whilst its not common, its also not uncommon,
@bolueeleh knows what girls i like to sit and drink with in the bars :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

dont get me wrong though, getting involved with a bar girl in Cambodia or Thailand when you live in another country, big no no, unless you are there and taking care of her, she will never be just yours lol as you should already know
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:54 pm So what's it going be? Are you gonna Man Up and buy the IPhone X256GB or forever be a Cheap Charlie and front up with a mere IPhone 6s?

You know the game, right? They are for fun, and you know in your heart that they make really bad girlfriends.

I know they come from extremely poor families and deserve a break, but my advice is every time you feel the need to send her money, just randomly pay a poor kid's school fees or something like that; you'll sleep a lot better. Zzzz zzz...
I good tricj is when buying a bar girl drinks , bar fine her and then take her to drink at the 75c happy hour bar next door , then wont charge lady drink prices....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic