Expats Looking for American Tourist GEORGE HONGJUNE KIM For Hit & Run in Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Expats Looking for American Tourist GEORGE HONGJUNE KIM For Hit & Run in Sihanoukville

Post by General Mackevili »

This was sent to CEO and it's also posted on the Kampot Noticeboard Group:

"ATTENTION
Today 2 American/Korean tourists ran away from a motorbike accident in Sihanoukville, the Khmer victim is in hospital with serious head trauma, other reports say he already died.

We have details for only 1 of the tourists. If he and his friends stay at your hotel or if you see them somewhere, please CONTACT ME DIRECTLY VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE so I can contact the people involved with this case directly.

Those tourists have a flight on Saturday and trying to run away from their responsibilities + leaving a massive bill for innocent others.

Thanks a lot ..."

https://facebook.com/Georgehjkim

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Expats Looking for American Tourist GEORGE HONGJUNE KIM For Hit & Run in Sihanoukville

Post by Anchor Moy »

Who did they rent the motorbike from ? Did they take it back ?
They are probably already on their way to Phnom Penh if that happened last night.
We don't know who is responsible for the accident, but if they are American tourists, surely they have some sort of third party accident insurance ? (Unless they were driving drunk without a motorbike license of course.No idea if that was the case.)
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Expats Looking for American Tourist GEORGE HONGJUNE KIM For Hit & Run in Sihanoukville

Post by Barang chgout »

Insurance.....Lol!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Anchor Moy wrote:Who did they rent the motorbike from ? Did they take it back ?
They are probably already on their way to Phnom Penh if that happened last night.
We don't know who is responsible for the accident, but if they are American tourists, surely they have some sort of third party accident insurance ? (Unless they were driving drunk without a motorbike license of course.No idea if that was the case.)
I just got a bit more info....

After the accident, the American was sent to CT Clinic afterwards, for minor injuries.

After getting "patched up," he just ran off from the hospital, never to be seen again.

His ID was only scanned at the place he rented the bike from, so they don't even have his actual passport. Maybe they took other collateral, but not sure.

The bikes were left at the scene of the accident when everyone was sent to the hospital, and when the owner of the bikes went to go get them from the scene, the police didn't let them take the bikes, saying something like, "we will confiscate the motorbikes and sell them and give the cash to the victim as compensation."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:54 am
Anchor Moy wrote:Who did they rent the motorbike from ? Did they take it back ?
I just got a bit more info....

After the accident, the American was sent to CT Clinic afterwards, for minor injuries.

After getting "patched up," he just ran off from the hospital, never to be seen again.

His ID was only scanned at the place he rented the bike from, so they don't even have his actual passport. Maybe they took other collateral, but not sure.

The bikes were left at the scene of the accident when everyone was sent to the hospital, and when the owner of the bikes went to go get them from the scene, the police didn't let them take the bikes, saying something like, "we will confiscate the motorbikes and sell them and give the cash to the victim as compensation."
That’s pretty nasty and unfair for the owner of the rental bikes! I’d say contact immigration!
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:54 am the police didn't let them take the bikes, saying something like, "we will confiscate the motorbikes and sell them and give the cash to the victim as compensation."
minus 50% for admin fee
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:21 am Insurance.....Lol!

If they bought their plane ticket with a credit card it's quite likely that they have some kind of insurance for their trip included, even if they dont know about it.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:21 am Insurance.....Lol!

If they bought their plane ticket with a credit card it's quite likely that they have some kind of insurance for their trip included, even if they dont know about it.
Yep. Insured against nearly killing some kid and running away, here in the KOW.

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Totally agree they shouldn't get away with this.
It's known that the guy plans to fly out tomorrow, so it shouldn't be that difficult to stop him at immigration. After all they've got the name, photo, and passport number. [Says hopefully]
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:54 am Totally agree they shouldn't get away with this.
It's known that the guy plans to fly out tomorrow, so it shouldn't be that difficult to stop him at immigration. After all they've got the name, photo, and passport number. [Says hopefully]
True, but chances are high that they skip their flight, cross an overland border, and continue from that point.
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic