Run a restaurant near Riverside

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
Dionysus
Tourist

Re: Run a restaurant near Riverside

Post by Dionysus »

jaggop wrote:
Dionysus wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:09 am Only worth considering if you get the whole f and b operation. But the f with no b, just flogging cheap meals to tight backpackers, can't see that making much money.
We've done it a couple of months. But life happened, and that chef is no longer around (ex-gf) - so we didn't expand beyond break-even. I believe we could have, though.
I would not consider the tight backpackers the main target group, either. They're around, and may or may not buy something, but you'd need to attract someone else.
Who else is going to eat in a backpackers joint other than backpackers? It's hardly somewhere expats will go - expats hate backpackers. And tourists don't want to eat on that street.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk

jaggop
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by jaggop »

Dionysus wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm Who else is going to eat in a backpackers joint other than backpackers? It's hardly somewhere expats will go - expats hate backpackers. And tourists don't want to eat on that street.
I am sensing that you don't want to buy in? I'm really good at reading people that way ;)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

jaggop wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:14 pm
Dionysus wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm Who else is going to eat in a backpackers joint other than backpackers? It's hardly somewhere expats will go - expats hate backpackers. And tourists don't want to eat on that street.
I am sensing that you don't want to buy in? I'm really good at reading people that way ;)
exactly what I said before. Just worded differently.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

jaggop wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:55 pm
AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:47 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:38 pm selling food but not drinks, not selling coffee but coffee addons, not paying rent for first few months but after, using your staffs but only in the initial phase, this is getting complicated than CDF swaps 😂😂😂
No! It sounds more like pay to work.
Sad you feel that way. We actually think this is a pretty good offer for the right person - start your dream kitchen without initial investments and a low rent (including electricity) compared to the location.
FYI
its a terrible offer and anyone with any brains will see that. You might get someone desperate an with no experience thinking he can handle it but 2-3 months down the road.....
Dream kitchen without drinks?? Nope.... If you were serious, a 50 -50 split on F &B ( including coffee) would be reasonable ..
Good luck with it, this ONLY works for you..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

jaggop wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:14 pm
Dionysus is dead right, as we all know if your running a restaurant location is paramount, followed by creating a good venue that will be appreciated by your target customers. 144 street is not a good location to develop a restaurant and the venue does nothing to attract anyone other than backpackers and their ilk. If this is the venue shown on what I presume is your website, what type of people do you think would eat there?

Bolueeleh probably offers the best suggestion:
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:00 pm
........ or else do it all urself instead, just find chef n start training other chefs, if main chef start playing punk, fire his ass n promote other chef
RobinHood
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by RobinHood »

The owner of this place is really great-he knows how to build a rapport with the local staff and does not tolerate troublemakers. Getting up at 6am to work is great whilst living here, I always slept really well.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

RobinHood wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:02 pm The owner of this place is really great-he knows how to build a rapport with the local staff and does not tolerate troublemakers. Getting up at 6am to work is great whilst living here, I always slept really well.
But what sort of profit does this generate?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

LaudJohn wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:52 pm
RobinHood wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:02 pm The owner of this place is really great-he knows how to build a rapport with the local staff and does not tolerate troublemakers. Getting up at 6am to work is great whilst living here, I always slept really well.
But what sort of profit does this generate?
Profit? :facepalm:
he just likes siting around with his staff
just find chef n start training other chefs
for backpackers, no chef needed, just a line cook
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic