43 Cambodians Convicted of Crimes in the USA & Deported to Cambodia Arrive Today

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: 43 Cambodians Convicted of Crimes in the USA & Deported to Cambodia Arrive Today

Post by Cam Nivag »

Dog wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 am
iluvu wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 pm How mercenary they are? They just wanted to know how much they would get paid. Did you expect them to agree to your project and accept whatever you gave them if anything at the end?
question

No, re-read what I said.
Would you go to a job interview and say straight away what's the salary without listening to a word about what the job was about or without asking questions yourself about it to seen if it was something you could do or had an interest in?

Asking off the bat "what's the pay?" Or a variation on that is what these 3 guys all did. I've interviewed lots of people for jobs in this country and these 3 were the only ones to come out with such a blatant question. Apart from anything else at the bare minimum it was rude. But maybe you think that's acceptable? The pay would have been decent for what it's worth.
What kind of project was it and why did you contact three convicted criminals?
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Cambodians Deported from USA

Post by Jacobincambodia »

While I don’t personally know all the reasons these Cambodians were deported, I do know many of them were escaping war and some of them have been in the U.S. for decades. It’s sad to me there wasn’t a different solution. Many will have no idea how to integrate into a country they know nothing about. Many don’t know the language and won’t get assistance. Let’s not toss real human beings around and just see what happens. That’s simply not love.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ac ... 3485e3da6c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 43 Cambodians Convicted of Crimes in the USA & Deported to Cambodia Arrive Today

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

I was waiting to see if Trump was going to deport mcgregor to Cambodia.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

KickingWithRedLabel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:23 pm I was waiting to see if Trump was going to deport mcgregor to Cambodia.
Cambodia has standards.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

tonetone420 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:50 pm
james1234 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:29 pm First and for all:
Gangs are a big problem, whether they are Cambodian, Negros, Irish, Maroc, Turk or what ever.
Negros? Do you mean Negroes? They're a nationality now?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I read that the govt is organising Khmer lessons, a place to stay, and training for them, ie blue-collar trade

If they fuck that up, then they really do deserve nuffink

Let's wait and see before judging
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Dog wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 am
iluvu wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 pm How mercenary they are? They just wanted to know how much they would get paid. Did you expect them to agree to your project and accept whatever you gave them if anything at the end?
question

No, re-read what I said.
Would you go to a job interview and say straight away what's the salary without listening to a word about what the job was about or without asking questions yourself about it to seen if it was something you could do or had an interest in?

Asking off the bat "what's the pay?" Or a variation on that is what these 3 guys all did. I've interviewed lots of people for jobs in this country and these 3 were the only ones to come out with such a blatant question. Apart from anything else at the bare minimum it was rude. But maybe you think that's acceptable? The pay would have been decent for what it's worth.
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:14 am Lol, I hope I never interview with some twat who gets offended when I ask what it could be worth to me first.
agree, dont most job offers advertise roughly what the salary would be? if not, then you cant take offence if someone asks what the wages are...

im self employed builder, and if someone offers me a job the first thing id say before even seeing the job would be what are the prices?
the only other exception is if if someone wants me to do a job and i will go see the job and quote them a price,

work is work, people work for money not for love, its not a hobby, its a livelihood, if the salary isnt good enough for what the future employee needs, why waste every ones time further with an interview etc.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Another point is that these guys will not be applying for highbrow jobs, probably labouring/blue collar/simple admin jobs, and as Jamie points out, at blue-collar level, pay is queried very quickly.

However, if they were interviewing for a CEO position, then the protocol is somewhat different, and they would get around to the question later on, and in a more subtle way.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

@kiwiincambodia hes back :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:[mention]kiwiincambodia[/mention] hes back :plus1:
Love these....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic