Sihanoukville: Foreinger Arrested For Almost Burning Down Jungle Republic on Koh Rong Samloem Over PIZZA Order

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville: Foreinger Arrested For Almost Burning Down Jungle Republic on Koh Rong Samloem Over PIZZA Order

Post by AmericanSteve »

This shit doesn't really happen in China; in fact just the opposite. I would say that customer service for laowai is 100% better than for Chinese. When I walk in a restaurant, I've come to expect that I'm seated first, that my order is taken first and that I'm given a big smile when I leave.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville: Foreinger Arrested For Almost Burning Down Jungle Republic on Koh Rong Samloem Over PIZZA Order

Post by AmericanSteve »

I guess Hitler razed Stalingrad because they refused to serve him borscht, then, or the Jews because he didn't get his Matzah Ball soup.

Let's sanctify him quickly!
You have no clue about history do you?

Hitler was able to do what he did because of the punitive treaty of versailles and that treaty only happened because USA stuck its nose where it didn't belong and led the Brits to definitive victory in WW1. If we hadn't of meddled in Europe's affairs, the Brits and Germans would have fought to a stand still, declared a truce and gone. There would have been no WW2 and no 6 million dead jews, gypsies and what not.

You need to study up son if you want to pass yourself off as a genius.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

You don't get humour, do you?

The moniker is sarcastic, but you don't read much.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

It's British humor I guess - dry, boring and not really funny.
Still you should be grateful I schooled on your history.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

AmericanSteve wrote:It's British humor I guess - dry, boring and not really funny.
Still you should be grateful I schooled on your history.
And....

Your family came from Britain?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

AmericanSteve wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:13 pm This shit doesn't really happen in China; in fact just the opposite. I would say that customer service for laowai is 100% better than for Chinese. When I walk in a restaurant, I've come to expect that I'm seated first, that my order is taken first and that I'm given a big smile when I leave.
Lol. You may be in for a severe disappointment if you ever get to Cambodia.
:D However, all is not lost, you will probably get the big smiles anyway, while you wait for your food like everyone else.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

AmericanSteve wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:19 pmThere would have been no WW2 and no 6 million dead jews, gypsies and what not.
What not? Whose that? Could you be referring to the 50 - 80 million other citizens that were not jews that died during WW2? Those guys never get any press.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Berend wrote:And after they saw that he was irritated they immediately tried to throw "oil on the fire.." by giving him these arrogant looks.
Their "arrogant looks" were to blame for him attacking them and then trying to burn down the joint with gasoline? :?
Any restaurant can close any time they like and can refuse any customer they don't like, especially rude, aggressive or deranged ones.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AmericanSteve wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:19 pm If we hadn't of (sic) meddled in Europe's affairs, the Brits and Germans would have fought to a stand still, declared a truce and gone.
Sure, because WWI was just a battle between Germany and the UK, and if only the Americans hadn't helped out they would have both "gone"? WTF?

You need to study up son if you want to pass yourself off as a genius.
Oh, the irony... :lol:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Some of his replies qualify as excellent humour, albeit unintended. I recall an American tourist commenting on the Colosseum...'they haven't finished repairing the bomb damage from the war.' :)

Last edited by that genius on Wed May 23, 2018 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic