what I learned from Southeast Asia....

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 805
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by bolueeleh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Username Taken wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:09 pm
^^^ Come on guys, Trapper is from Oz, Jimmy's from Texas.

:popcorn:
im from timbuktu :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 591

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by Kuroneko » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Beerinthemorning wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:41 pm
so where am I wrong then?
You're wrong about 90% of the rest of the expat community that you didn't encounter! :D

Image
User avatar
Kayve
Expatriate
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am
Reputation: 134
Cambodia

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by Kayve » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Kuroneko wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:02 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:41 pm
so where am I wrong then?
You're wrong about 90% of the rest of the expat community that you didn't encounter! :D

Image
That's interesting ! How much (%) of the expat population does CEO represents ? 10 ? 50 ? 99 :shock: ?
Don't forget the water buffalo
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Reputation: 874
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by taabarang » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:51 pm

Jimmy Crow wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:13 pm
Focus on the topic and not the comments!
Crowing again. Directions for finding Texas from the northern US. Walk south till you smell it and west till you step in it.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Moe
Expatriate
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:28 am
Reputation: 26

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by Moe » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Barang chgout wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:17 am
Having a Rolls Royce does not necessarily make one a wanker.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Perhaps not, but I suspect there is a strong correlation.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 67
Cambodia

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by shnoukieBRO » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 pm

Leave 'beerinthemorning', alone. Don't ban him if for humour alone.

In response to his opening post, I think he speaks from his own POV Which probably means hanging out with other Westerners doing what he's doing and passing time living on the cheap. In that respect he's likely to experience a warped sense of reality., possibly forgetting that maybe Westerners that live in SEA are probably happier with a simpler, non competative, stress free lifestyle.

On top of that until you get some decent actual facts to base an argument on its all ass umptions... :tophat:
Better hip beach days on Ko Rong!
User avatar
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:43 pm
Reputation: 75
Cambodia

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by Beerinthemorning » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:47 am

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 pm
Leave 'beerinthemorning', alone. Don't ban him if for humour alone.

In response to his opening post, I think he speaks from his own POV Which probably means hanging out with other Westerners doing what he's doing and passing time living on the cheap. In that respect he's likely to experience a warped sense of reality., possibly forgetting that maybe Westerners that live in SEA are probably happier with a simpler, non competative, stress free lifestyle.

On top of that until you get some decent actual facts to base an argument on its all ass umptions... :tophat:
KoW is portayed as one thing, and in my perspective is another?

so there is no full blown alcoholic westerners living on bar stools?

there isnt a whole lot of white males drinking em selfs stupid with khmer hookers in PP?

must have been imagination...
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11116
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1856
United States of America

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by frank lee bent » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:17 am

nah, most have gone back to Oz now.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4598
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1033
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by hanno » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 am

Beerinthemorning wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:47 am
so there is no full blown alcoholic westerners living on bar stools?

there isnt a whole lot of white males drinking em selfs stupid with khmer hookers in PP?

must have been imagination...
Yes, because your perspective is from the same bar stool, drinking 50-Cent beers. Most expats I know will not go into these bars but obviously a chap -sad sack like you will never meet them.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 340

Re: what I learned from Southeast Asia....

Post by newkidontheblock » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:30 am

What’s wrong with Texas? Transplanted Texan and proud of it. In the KOW, bragging about how poor you are (tell the locals you collect cans for a living) seems to be work better than anything. Even the jaow walk the other way when they see me (joking!).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bucknaked, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Ian, King Keil, Majestic-12 [Bot], steelyRon and 353 guests