Ferguson out of UFC 223 title fight.

Title says it all really...
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

This makes it 4 times they were supposed to fight and then one has had to back out. Interesting that the UFC gave Holloway the call to step in.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/tony-fergu ... at-ufc-223
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Ferguson out of UFC 223 title fight.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Gator wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 pm This makes it 4 times they were supposed to fight and then one has had to back out. Interesting that the UFC gave Holloway the call to step in.

Fuck Ferguson, Max is stepping in, that guys a legend hope he wins!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:36 pm
Gator wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 pm This makes it 4 times they were supposed to fight and then one has had to back out. Interesting that the UFC gave Holloway the call to step in.

Agreed. Holloway is a savage. Should be a good scrap.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Gator wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:42 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:36 pm

Agreed. Holloway is a savage. Should be a good scrap.
fucking destroyed Aldo in 2 absolute wars
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Yup it’s a disgrace. Dana said there is no way the UFC will be trying to set this up for a 5th time.

However the Holloway v Khabib is an intriguing matchup. I still think Khabib is going to maul him and come away with the win.

In saying that, should Holloway pull it off he will be holding both the belts that were stripped from McGregor setting up a very juicy fight between the two.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:54 pm Yup it’s a disgrace. Dana said there is no way the UFC will be trying to set this up for a 5th time.

However the Holloway v Khabib is an intriguing matchup. I still think Khabib is going to maul him and come away with the win.

In saying that, should Holloway pull it off he will be holding both the belts that were stripped from McGregor setting up a very juicy fight between the two.
that would be a fight worthy of mcgregors time, gone off him a lot now tbh, his attitude stinks, hes not even defended a single belt hes held, youre not a true champ until youve made at least 1 or 2 successful defenses :boxing:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:54 pm Yup it’s a disgrace. Dana said there is no way the UFC will be trying to set this up for a 5th time.

that would be a fight worthy of mcgregors time, gone off him a lot now tbh, his attitude stinks, hes not even defended a single belt hes held, youre not a true champ until youve made at least 1 or 2 successful defenses :boxing:
Same here. I was a fan but have lost a lot of respect for him. Either way I don’t see him coming back except for a mega fight against either st piere or mayweather (if that ever happens), maybe the Diaz trilogy.

There is no way he will step up against Khabib or Holloway, they will make him look like an amateur especially after so long out of the octagon.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:08 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

Same here. I was a fan but have lost a lot of respect for him. Either way I don’t see him coming back except for a mega fight against either st piere or mayweather (if that ever happens), maybe the Diaz trilogy.

There is no way he will step up against Khabib or Holloway, they will make him look like an amateur especially after so long out of the octagon.
yeah he really gasses and struggles with fatigue, and with having time out the ring he wont be ring fit,
Anthony Joshua is another prime example, he used to get gassy after 4-5 rounds, and its due to only being ring fit for 3-4 rounds because he was knocking everyone out, thats why him doing 12 rounds against parker was valuable experience for him, along with the Klit and Takam fight going towards the championship rounds too,
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

I think if Khabib wins they will try and set up the fight between him and McGregor in Russia. That fight would be HUGE. I think McGregor would take that fight, but I think with him beating Max, already(even though it was years ago and Max has improved heaps) he'd wait on the fight with Holloway and just keep talking shit on him on IG/Twitter or whatever and try and set up the Diaz trilogy first.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

As I said though, the fact max will have both the belts that were stripped from Mcgregor makes that fight a better set up for the ufc, promo wise. Imagine if they made a catch weight fight and had both belts on the line....

But in saying that, I agree wholeheartedly, Khabib v Mcgregor in Russia could be one of the biggest fights the UFC could ever put on.

I see him fighting Diaz (if the mayweather fight never happens) first.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic