Using PassTaxi App From The Airport

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Using PassTaxi App From The Airport

Post by beaker »

I thought the train was now running and it is free
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

beaker wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:59 pm I thought the train was now running and it is free
Starts on the 10th
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

Two months ago I was in an airport taxi coming back into town. The driver was of course bitching about the heavy traffic and low fare. He went on to say that they are going to raise the price from $12 to $15 or maybe even $18. Rumor? Fact or Fiction? or just looking for a sympathy tip?
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 135 »

It's still $12 as of yesterday
Bern
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Bern »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:13 am
KickingWithRedLabel wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:58 am I use PassApp whenever I leave the airport. When departing the airport I always step out to the street and usually they answer up within a minute. Seems to be a number of the waiting out there. I noticed a lot of other people picking up PassApps streetside. If your luggage is too much for you to carry to the street it probably won't fit in a little PassApp Bajaj.
You can use a trolley for your luggage and go right up to the exit gate with it. Btw how much do you pay for a PassApp tuktuk into town? I have haggled the remorque drivers down to $4.
I think it cost me around 15,000 riel from the Riverside to the airport with PassApp tuktuk in moderate traffic.

I don't want to be riding in traffic with an unhappy driver that I bargained really hard with so in the past I have usually negotiated a $5 fare. Last time, I wound up giving the driver $6 because the traffic was heavy.

Actually, I don't want to bargain at all so for me the appeal of PassApp isn't just the money.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Bern wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:44 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:13 am
KickingWithRedLabel wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:58 am I use PassApp whenever I leave the airport. When departing the airport I always step out to the street and usually they answer up within a minute. Seems to be a number of the waiting out there. I noticed a lot of other people picking up PassApps streetside. If your luggage is too much for you to carry to the street it probably won't fit in a little PassApp Bajaj.
You can use a trolley for your luggage and go right up to the exit gate with it. Btw how much do you pay for a PassApp tuktuk into town? I have haggled the remorque drivers down to $4.
I think it cost me around 15,000 riel from the Riverside to the airport with PassApp tuktuk in moderate traffic.

I don't want to be riding in traffic with an unhappy driver that I bargained really hard with so in the past I have usually negotiated a $5 fare. Last time, I wound up giving the driver $6 because the traffic was heavy.

Actually, I don't want to bargain at all so for me the appeal of PassApp isn't just the money.
Yes, I agree totally. I love a life without tuktuk driver haggling. It is good to know that PassApp is as cheap as the cheapest you could get even from the most extreme haggling. Btw, I only ever got the $4 fare FROM the airport, because drivers may want to get back to the center. They were never miserable about it though. In fact now that fares have come down for cars, I use them as it's not worth the risk of bags getting snatched in a tuktuk.
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 135 »

cautious colin wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:01 pm Starts on the 10th
So tomorrow's the big day, anyone know of a schedule? Thinking to jump on it for giggles
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

135 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:57 am
cautious colin wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:01 pm Starts on the 10th
So tomorrow's the big day, anyone know of a schedule? Thinking to jump on it for giggles
From Train Cambodia Facebook group
Trains to Phnom Penh Airport are scheduled to commence on 10 April. They'll run every 40 minutes initially and will be free of charge until 31 July,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TrainCa ... 010705757/

Doesn't say the actual timetable yet though.

Edit: Phnom Penh Station: 078888582 and 078888832. Could always call for the next train
Last edited by cautious colin on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

They're supposed to run every 40 minutes for a start, then after the new cars arrive from Mexico they'll run every 30 minutes.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

just took one from airport 2 days ago, the pass app drivers that i encounter are always relative new drivers, so i have walk to the main road to board the tuk tuk, after that had to use my GPS and voice control him like a remote control car, turn left, turn right, go straight, 1 driver i cancelled 3 times on him but always ended up him picking up my order, finally when he came, he just smile sheepishly at me :facepalm:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic