2 bedroom apartment behind the Royal Palace for rent

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

2 bedroom apartment behind the Royal Palace for rent

Post by jah steu »

Old-style 2 bedroom apartment for rent off Street 19 behind the Royal Palace. $400 a month. Fully furnished, with new mattresses and bedding. Recently repainted and re-furnished, including washing machine and twin-burner grill. Both bedrooms are air-conditioned. First floor apartment with a big bathroom and large shaded balcony area. Secure courtyard parking for up to two motos.
Situated in a quiet dead-end street with two convenience stores.
Contact the English/khmer speaking landlord on ‭012 876 347‬. Available now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: 2 bedroom apartment behind the Royal Palace for rent

Post by that genius »

Reasonable price and huge bathroom...no local designed that
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

that genius wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm Reasonable price and huge bathroom...no local designed that
my last bathroom was bigger than that and it was Khmer style
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

Must be '19Z' (there are 2 side alleys from 19 named that), but seeing the photos, I'm thinking: $400? And someone above here is calling that a 'reasonable price'? Don't know what you're used to, but just look at the first picture: I wouldn't want to live in a prison cell like that.

$400 seems to be the price you 'have' to quote, in other words: the 'standard', but really you'd be lucky to get $250 for that. It's high time the Khmer get a more realistic view on rent rates, especially with all the new condominiums coming onto the market. These 'bare style apartments' will get cheaper and cheaper, because they are just, well: 'bare'.

Just had a negotiation with my landlady to renew the contract for another year. It went DOWN from $400 (much better than this one by the way) to $350. So, yes, SOME landlords -ladies are seeing the changing market.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ashcroftie wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:54 pm Must be '19Z' (there are 2 side alleys from 19 named that), but seeing the photos, I'm thinking: $400? And someone above here is calling that a 'reasonable price'? Don't know what you're used to, but just look at the first picture: I wouldn't want to live in a prison cell like that.

$400 seems to be the price you 'have' to quote, in other words: the 'standard', but really you'd be lucky to get $250 for that. It's high time the Khmer get a more realistic view on rent rates, especially with all the new condominiums coming onto the market. These 'bare style apartments' will get cheaper and cheaper, because they are just, well: 'bare'.

Just had a negotiation with my landlady to renew the contract for another year. It went DOWN from $400 (much better than this one by the way) to $350. So, yes, SOME landlords -ladies are seeing the changing market.
yeah this would be worth like $300 in KPS (before the Chinese takeover)
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

You cannot compare KPS (I assume you mean Kompong Som) to Phnom Penh, as you also cannot compare SR (Siem Reap) to Phnom Penh. Rents tend to be higher in our beloved capital, but anyway, judging by the pictures, this is $250 at most.

Well, that's what I would ultimately pay for it, IF I would be interested (and I'm not, again judging by the pictures).
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ashcroftie wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:21 am You cannot compare KPS (I assume you mean Kompong Som) to Phnom Penh, as you also cannot compare SR (Siem Reap) to Phnom Penh. Rents tend to be higher in our beloved capital, but anyway, judging by the pictures, this is $250 at most.

Well, that's what I would ultimately pay for it, IF I would be interested (and I'm not, again judging by the pictures).
i know, and KPS has similar rooms, the point was i was comparing the prices
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Agreed. Ridiculous price for that apartment. I actually prefer many of those older styled apartments in Cambodia (at least when they aren't painted in that horrible blue colour), but I would never pay $400 for that place, especially with other options available.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic