Bacon

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
David Stearn
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bacon

Post by David Stearn »

Just because every forum deserves a thread on bacon.

Bacon is coming round and having its day. Once considered vice its now being given new life as the secret to health. Some people are eating nothing but protein and greens and are reversing chronic conditions and losing a lot of weight in the process. Some of these people are using predominantly bacon as their protein, X 2 lbs. a day.

I'm tempted to try.

So lets talk aoot it, where do you get your bacon, how much do you pay, how do you like to eat it, and anything else related to bacon, post that shit here.

I like to screen my bacon grease and use it to fry things. I think in a way, I like my grease as much as the bacon itself. When my grease jar is geting low, I have to cook another slab.

I have cooked a turkey and wrapped it in bacon. I have minced it in with lean beef for the best hamburgers. I like it with me eggs of course.

What about you?

The Doctor will see you now.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bacon

Post by chkwoot »

Damn! You really want access to the dark side, don't you. Now start a thread about pizza and the General will definitely let you in!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Smokey dah Boar's bacon is the best available in Cambodia in my opinion.

But If you're an American and prefer streaky bacon, I can't help sorry.
David Stearn
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Stearn »

I now add water to my bacon when I cook it. It basically boils it a bit, loosens it all up, and then when the water steams off, the rest gets fried really crispy. I think its the least greasy too. I also get all that great grease for using with other things. Like now, I am going to fry up some boiled potatoes and onions in some bacon grease.

Now about that pizza thread. I know a bit about that too. I actually make my own and freeze pieces, and then guess what? I fry them on low heat in bacon grease, haha.
The Doctor will see you now.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I love bacon cause it's got lots of sodium nitrate in it.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Jnb ... 2YB5K7V8Q-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

duck eggs and bacon 5 AM in KoW , cant go wrong.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

The Meat Shop or Strokesys, both near Russian Market.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Duncan wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:04 pm I love bacon cause it's got lots of sodium nitrate in it.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Jnb ... 2YB5K7V8Q-
'Although there is a correlation, the FDA has not ruled processed meats as too dangerous to consume. What can be agreed upon is it is best to limit consumption.'

I've cut it down to a kilo a week, based on that advice.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

khmer beef and bacon ground together make a tender and tasty burger
I mix 1lb bacon to 2 lbs beef
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic