Bacon

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Bacon

Post by bangkokhooker »

Lol. That’s a great video. In fact they all are!
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

that genius wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:28 pm
Duncan wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:04 pm I love bacon cause it's got lots of sodium nitrate in it.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Jnb ... 2YB5K7V8Q-
'Although there is a correlation, the FDA has not ruled processed meats as too dangerous to consume. What can be agreed upon is it is best to limit consumption.'

I've cut it down to a kilo a week, based on that advice.
Just avoid eating it with foods that contain tertiary amines, like cheese. Otherwise you make HONO in your stomach and give yourself arse cancer.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:34 pm
that genius wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:28 pm
Duncan wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:04 pm I love bacon cause it's got lots of sodium nitrate in it.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Jnb ... 2YB5K7V8Q-
'Although there is a correlation, the FDA has not ruled processed meats as too dangerous to consume. What can be agreed upon is it is best to limit consumption.'

I've cut it down to a kilo a week, based on that advice.
Just avoid eating it with foods that contain tertiary amines, like cheese. Otherwise you make HONO in your stomach and give yourself arse cancer.
so melting some cheese on my bacon when its cooking before wacking it in my cob is a bad idea?
load of bollocks if you ask me...
Everything gives you cancer
In a world where even joss sticks and broccoli are said to be carcinogenic, Tim Dowling spends a day trying to avoid a tumour
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... dwellbeing
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I just bought a kilo of back bacon from "The Meat Shop", tastes pretty good so far. I doubt any of these meats are that bad for you unless you eat excessive amounts.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

chkwoot wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:49 am Damn! You really want access to the dark side, don't you. Now start a thread about pizza and the General will definitely let you in!
i remember speaking w/ Mackaveli one nite... he was busy eating a fucking pizza pie ..lol.. like 2am... lol...
then again, after kikilu-- having some food is good.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
David Stearn
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Stearn »

I will try the Bacon and greens for a week thing. And the greens can be fried in the bacon grease. Oh, and Eggs and Cheese is allowed too I believe. 0 carbs. Will report.
The Doctor will see you now.
David Stearn
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Stearn »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 am
chkwoot wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:49 am Damn! You really want access to the dark side, don't you. Now start a thread about pizza and the General will definitely let you in!
i remember speaking w/ Mackaveli one nite... he was busy eating a fucking pizza pie ..lol.. like 2am... lol...
Some people swear by mixing up food and sex together. I prefer to do them separately, but if you are going to play with bacon, perhaps make sure you fry the right meat flaps, and make it well done. Sex can be messy but no sense mixing in the risk of bochilism, lmao.
The Doctor will see you now.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

David Stearn wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 am
Some people swear by mixing up food and sex together. I prefer to do them separately, but if you are going to play with bacon, perhaps make sure you fry the right meat flaps, and make it well done. Sex can be messy but no sense mixing in the risk of bochilism, lmao.
that was on Seinfeld!!... no.. this was after.. i assume.. or at least for me... after.. not during

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S449KdjPKrY
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Most people have a cigarette.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:42 am Smokey dah Boar's bacon is the best available in Cambodia in my opinion.

But If you're an American and prefer streaky bacon, I can't help sorry.
The Thai - American streaky smoked bacon sold here is pritty good.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic