Phnom Penh's Duplex Sky Bar/Cafe/Club by PONTOON

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Phnom Penh's Duplex Sky Bar/Cafe/Club by PONTOON

Post by General Mackevili »

I'm not sure if it's called Duplex Sky Bar, Duplex Bar, Duplex Cafe, Duplex Restaurant or Duplex Nightclub.

Either way, I hear it's brought to us by Pontoon, which is a dance club in Phnom Penh if you didn't know already. Sounds like this place will have international DJs too. And even Kombucha Tea! !

Has anyone been?

Duplex
No 3 St.278, WAT LANGKA, BKK 1, PHNOM PENH, Cambodia

Duplex is a new fancy venue in Phnom Penh that will be the new favorite for many people. No spared costs when this was developed. Stunning decoration that get you in the party mood.

Duplex Cafe, on the ground floor, serves fresh, healthy, creative food; as well as fresh juices, smoothies, cocktails, draught beers and other special beverages, in a relaxed and casual atmosphere.

Duplex Cafe is open every day, from 11am till late night, with weekdays “Happy Hours” from 4pm to 7pm. It is a cool place to chill-out, grab some healthy food, and hang-around friends and drinks. But Home/Office delivery options are also available, for your convenience.

Duplex Bar, on the first floor, is opened daily from 9pm to 2.30am. It is the place to go to for a (few) drink(s) and party; or before you go hitting the nightclubs. Duplex Bar regularly hosts some of Phnom Penh’s most respected and talented DJs. The music is eclectic, the philosophy is simple: We play the best of everything from House to Hip Hop to Alternative Music.

With brand new professional sound system and DJ equipment, Duplex Bar offers a superior, and much needed venue for sound lovers in the hearth of Wat Langka/BKK1.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Re: Phnom Penh's Duplex Sky Bar/Cafe/Club by PONTOON

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

DJ Illest was telling me on FB that the idea of Duplex Club n Bistro was 1-A spot to pre-game before heading to Pontoon or the all night spots. 2- a focus on good food.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

I tried it, it was not too busy, mainly expats, prices about the same as Pontoon.

I much prefer Pontoon
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
Eros
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Eros »

Fark... if thats the clientele..... forget it.... i wanna see some khmer attractive faces... not some fat ass ngo barangs.
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

Eros wrote:Fark... if thats the clientele..... forget it.... i wanna see some khmer attractive faces... not some fat ass ngo barangs.
indeed, just look at the photo above, who's going to fuck those desperate NGO ladies ?

as for the concept of pre-disco/disco/whatever : more bullshit !

if you're an attractive guy you won't need any of the above, some girls will send you "signals" and unless you're a moron you'll play your cards and you will kiss her and ultimately end up in bed with her or at least exchange phone numbers and meet her for a second date, in any case you'll have options and no need to waste even half a dollar in bars or clubs.

if instead you're not attractive, well sorry but you can go in all the bars and clubs of PP, you can spend 1000s of dollars in drinks, and ultimately you'll be left with your dick in you hand !

however, being in PP you'll have the option of going with bargirls, freelancers, and gold diggers.
in any case you'll have to pay to play and you'll be just a walking ATM.

that's it .. i feel pity for these deluded guys who waste all their hard earned bucks in bars and clubs, without them the whole industry would cease to exist.

how's that any different from running a hostess bar in the end ? nobody would go in bars and clubs with no girls inside.
and girls go in bars and clubs because they know it's full of suckers willing to offer drinks and give them attention and feed their self esteem.

actually these desperate NGO girls are even seeking a proper boyfriend, in Pontoon or HoD, of all places !
i really wonder how can they hope to compete with the local khmer girls, it says it all about how much these western whales are full of shit, arrogant, and expecting guys to sweep them off their feet.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

It looks like an extension of the 'NGO Bubble' - surprised they're not each shouting at Skype on their iProduct...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've seen it but I hate that whole street (except Samaki) with a passion so won't be going in anytime soon.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I'll be checking it out!

The more women from all over the better!

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Me and tim bought a bottle at pontoon for his birthday. Some good looking euro trash girls came over started chatting with us. It was a nice change. Offered them a few drinks and to dance. Before you know it. Bottle gone...there avoiding us and left us 1 digit short of a phone number. :cry: ....Tim turns to me and says. Are you sure you miss white girls? I guess not my friend....I guess not. Good! Now let's go cruise stung meanchy for short time enjoy. :thumb:
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Went to Duplex for a short while one night a few weeks ago, not a bad set-up, but not my scene tbh...too many NGO'er, voluntourist, hipster types for my liking.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic