Chinese Buying Up Front Bars Square Sihanoukville.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Chinese Buying Up Front Bars Square Sihanoukville.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Barang chgout wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:00 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
that genius wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:22 pm
Kayve wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:50 am
that genius wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:00 am KTV is a cancer on mankind, revenge for Hiroshima
Having a private room to sing a song is that bad ? :shock:
The room in some cases is private, but many restaurants and bars have open karaoke, and the extreme noise is public.

A private room in a mental institution would be an improvement. ;)
how is an open front KTV any different to the many open front beerbars in the kingdom, id rather listen to some Khmer music than pitbull or justin beiber :suicide:
Yeah but you get hit in the head for fun....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Lol!

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:43 pmhow is an open front KTV any different to the many open front beerbars in the kingdom, id rather listen to some Khmer music than pitbull or justin beiber :suicide:
Likewise, I'd just prefer to not get perforated eardrums in the process.
Makewa
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Makewa »

Having developed porcelain from 1600BC, the Chinese never developed glass, and so had no bottles, windows, eyeglasses, telescopes or electronic valves until they started copying the west in the 1900s.

No surprise they are so far behind in manners and hygiene then...
Ditto.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Makewa wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:32 am Having developed porcelain from 1600BC, the Chinese never developed glass, and so had no bottles, windows, eyeglasses, telescopes or electronic valves until they started copying the west in the 1900s.

The manners thing was a deliberate act by the commies. Mao wanted them all like farmers whilst he starved them all to death. They'd been in a civil war and war with the Japs from 1910 onwards and their society pretty much collapsed for 70 years, which is another reason they have social issues. Remember China only boomed in the last 20 years. 2002 joined the WTO.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Mao wanted them all like farmers whilst he starved them all to death.

Reminds me of a little place I know....

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Makewa wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:32 am Having developed porcelain from 1600BC,

the Chinese never developed glass, and so had no bottles, windows, eyeglasses, telescopes or electronic valves until they started copying the west in the 1900s.

The west never paid the Chinese for the patent rights to produce porcelain so why would they bother to invent glass. :stir:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

They only learnt to make ballpoint pens themselves about a year ago. They make an airliner with US engines and avionics but it does not comply with international standards so they give them away.
We use to accuse the Japanese of only being able to copy us but their copies whether they be cars or planes were fantastic.
The Zero fighter, the Toyota Corolla, the Mazda MX5. Best in the world.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Indeed, if someone gifted me an American motorcycle, I'd trade it in on a Japanese/Italian/German bike

Cars? I might keep an AC Cobra
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

willyhilly wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:22 pm They only learnt to make ballpoint pens themselves about a year ago. They make an airliner with US engines and avionics but it does not comply with international standards so they give them away.
We use to accuse the Japanese of only being able to copy us but their copies whether they be cars or planes were fantastic.
The Zero fighter, the Toyota Corolla, the Mazda MX5. Best in the world.
they copied the snapdragon, ios, now huawei is 3rd largest phone maker in the world, and what murica n uk do? ban huawei n LTE for national security reason? haha, bunch of hypocrites and snuffers
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic