Bars in Siem Reap

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Bars in Siem Reap

Post by hanno »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:17 pm Draft bar
There is not a single decent bar on Sok San Road.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Duncan wrote:My wild imagination thinks Rozz is going to apply for a job at a '' Hooters '' style bar cause she's got the qualifications .
Spoiler:
Well it probably says so on her CV .
Omg Duncan lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

angkorjohn wrote:
I think Roz is specifically asking for a 420 friendly/selling kinda place which is why I recommend Karma bar.
Correct, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

cambo swa wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:08 pm Yes, Mickey's on Sivatha is closed but a new version now open on Sok San Road. Laundry Bar is still there and full of frenchies smoking at least 2 cigarettes every 5 minutes. Nicotine dripping from the walls. Smile Bar on Sok San is good.
Is that a new version owned by the same woman just in a different location? The last time I went in the Sivatha Mikey's was in 2013 and some little shitcunt Khmerican had recently rocked up - apparently the boyfriend of someone who worked there. He somehow became the de facto DJ in there, whether owner-sanctioned or not, I don't know because one beer on two different occasions having what that utter prick held to be "music" was enough to ensure I never returned.

I can't even begin to describe the racket he insisted on playing. I assume it has a name but it wasn't anything I could identify, it was just fucking noise. It was the kind of shite maybe backpackers and rope-hairs might appreciate but they weren't exactly the target clientele for Mikey's, were they? :plus1:

It was no loss to me. I was a casual patron who drank beer, had a laugh with the girls and either went on to somewhere else if I was early evening or headed off to bed if it was late. Alone. :lol1:

I only met the owner a few times as she wasn't there much during that period. However, when she wasn't the bar staff told me she was probably eyeing them and proceedings from Phnom Penh via the web-connected security cams. When she was there I didn't find her remotely friendly or very communicative so I didn't bother telling her she should sack off the fucking stupid little wanker who was driving away regulars and repelling most new and passing trade with the wall of noise. :fingerwave:
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Just reading between the lines I would think you were not impressed. Am I right??????
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Brewer wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:45 am
cambo swa wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:08 pm Yes, Mickey's on Sivatha is closed but a new version now open on Sok San Road. Laundry Bar is still there and full of frenchies smoking at least 2 cigarettes every 5 minutes. Nicotine dripping from the walls. Smile Bar on Sok San is good.
Is that a new version owned by the same woman just in a different location? The last time I went in the Sivatha Mikey's was in 2013 and some little shitcunt Khmerican had recently rocked up - apparently the boyfriend of someone who worked there. He somehow became the de facto DJ in there, whether owner-sanctioned or not, I don't know because one beer on two different occasions having what that utter prick held to be "music" was enough to ensure I never returned.

I can't even begin to describe the racket he insisted on playing. I assume it has a name but it wasn't anything I could identify, it was just fucking noise. It was the kind of shite maybe backpackers and rope-hairs might appreciate but they weren't exactly the target clientele for Mikey's, were they? :plus1:

It was no loss to me. I was a casual patron who drank beer, had a laugh with the girls and either went on to somewhere else if I was early evening or headed off to bed if it was late. Alone. :lol1:

I only met the owner a few times as she wasn't there much during that period. However, when she wasn't the bar staff told me she was probably eyeing them and proceedings from Phnom Penh via the web-connected security cams. When she was there I didn't find her remotely friendly or very communicative so I didn't bother telling her she should sack off the fucking stupid little wanker who was driving away regulars and repelling most new and passing trade with the wall of noise. :fingerwave:
i remember in about 2013/14 me and 2 random dutch guys got into a crazy youtube battle blasting out a load of speedcore to the dismay of about every patron in the bar lol
we was banned from the youtube after i blasted out one of my favourites lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Brewer wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:45 am

mikeys was never good , it was always a depressing skank hunting area
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 pmi remember in about 2013/14 me and 2 random dutch guys got into a crazy youtube battle blasting out a load of speedcore to the dismay of about every patron in the bar lol
If I had been the owner, I would have banned you for life.....
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

hanno wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:34 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 pmi remember in about 2013/14 me and 2 random dutch guys got into a crazy youtube battle blasting out a load of speedcore to the dismay of about every patron in the bar lol
If I had been the owner, I would have banned you for life.....

And just in case of reincarnation - the next life too :beer3:
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

That song was nice. :crazy:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic