American BILAL ABDUL FATEEN Kills Girlfriend in Hometown Suite Hotel on Street 172 in Phnom Penh & Flees

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American BILAL ABDUL FATEEN Kills Girlfriend in Hometown Suite Hotel on Street 172 in Phnom Penh & Flees

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News: 66 year old American, American BILAL ABDUL FATEEN, from Illinois has apparently murdered his Indonesian girlfriend, ENAN CAHYATI, by strangling her to death in the Hometown Suite Hotel room on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, where they checked in to together, and then he fled the scene.

Police are looking for him as he fled the hotel after Enan Cahyati's death and they don't know where he is.

They checked in together on March 19, and they found her dead on March 25, with a new lock on the door, after staff noticed the smell of death coming from the room. They broke the door down and called police when they saw what had happened.

Investigators ruled it a murder by strangulation.

More details, including graphic images from the murder scene, are in on our Darknet Cambodia News forum.

BILAL ABDUL FATEEN:

ImageImage

ENAN CAHYATI:

Hotel room entrance:

Hometown Suite Hotel:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Re: American BILAL ABDUL FATEEN Kills Girlfriend in Hometown Suite Hotel on Street 172 in Phnom Penh & Flees

Post by angsta »

He doesn't sound very American? A brother from another brother perhaps? Insallah!!
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: American BILAL ABDUL FATEEN Kills Girlfriend in Hometown Suite Hotel on Street 172 in Phnom Penh & Flees

Post by hanno »

Investigators ruled out a murder by strangulation.
I don't understand that one?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

angsta wrote:He doesn't sound very American? A brother from another brother perhaps? Insallah!!
Muslim American, me thinks. I forget the details, but I think you're supposed to take a Arabic name, or name of a profit, when you are Muslim, even if you convert.

Bilal Fateen has made his Facebook private, but hasn't deleted it. Not a very good American fugitive.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wish they said the room number, as thats my choice of hotel to stay in PP

When a farang marries a moslem lady, he must take a moslem name, BUT i didn't know that required it to be official as well
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I'm guessing this is his dating profile on Simply Marry, which says he's looking for a bride. Corpse bride, apparently. The date of birth matches for month and day, and I'm guessing he lied on what year he was born, claiming he's 14 years younger than he is:

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

This may come as a shock, but Bilal Fateem has charges in the US for assault. It also looks like he got charged again for failing to appear for his court date, and also lives in Alaska even though he was born in Illinois.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Would be interested of how many people died in this hotel of drugs and now murder. must be quite a few
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Just turn the mattress over, again!!!!!!!!!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Someone posted this on Reddit, but since it's been a few days since she was murdered (they found her because of the smell coming from the room), surely he would have gotten out of Cambodia ASAP. Criminals can be pretty stupid though:

"This is a huge stretch... but I stopped to get a mango shake on my way home tonight (in Siem Reap) and a guy that kind of looks like this man stopped in front of my moto to cross the street. He caught my eye because I thought he was with a prostitute, but later realized they weren't together. Anyways, he resembles this photo. I don't know why a fugitive would be crossing busy intersections on Pub Street though..."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic