2018: Dengue fever figures on the increase

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 2018: Dengue fever figures on the increase

Post by Big'n » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:13 pm

I don't know the "third strike you're outta here" stuff is true, or more of an urban legend. But I do know after talking to a couple of doctors from the States who were working here in Cambodia at the time said that, each time you come down with Dengue Fever it does more harm to your body than the last time. So, obviously an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Just before my return to europe to actually do some work, 5yr old step-son came down with Dengue, but fortunately, despite some obvious haemorrhage, he came through quite rapidly.

Thinking back now, I wonder if some of the unregulated fake 'Doctors' who may be little better qualified than pharmacists assistants may have been masking the problem earlier when the younger daughter was diagnosed with 'fever, have a serum drip' earlier in the summer.
Square pegs, round holes
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:38 pm

Anyone have information on which dengue sterotypes are circulating in Cambodia currently ? There are 4 or 5 different dengue sterotypes apparently.
A friend with dengue would like to know. He was only told that he tested positive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic