Phone and money stolen

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Phone and money stolen

Post by Arget »

To all who will laugh at me say I am a dickhead..............you are correct.

As I sit here and write this I am happy to be alive. I just woke up a half hour ago and went to check the time on my phone which I usually have by my bed. Alas I could not. it was not there. Strange I thought I put it there when I went to bed. I checked beside the computr where I sually charge it but no not there. Checked the draw and no cash.
The penny then dropped and so did my gut.............I've been robbed... someone was in my house, beside my bed while I was asleep. What a arse dropping feeling it is to know that you have lain there and been totally vulnerable to a stranger if they mean you harm.
I live on the fourth floor of a old building with a door locked at the bottom of the stairs. I am sure I locked the door and I am sure I locked the front door. What I am also sure about is that I opened the balcony door to let in some breeze and I forgot to close it when I went to bed. They would have to climb on to the roof and come down onto the balcony and come in that way.

Any way. I lost a phone Huawei phone a couple of years old and $30 cash.
No big deal until I think about what could have been. Security, especially near holidays is so important and never think it cannot happen to you.

That, my adventure for today.Take care all =@
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Phone and money stolen

Post by frank lee bent »

similar happened to me a few years ago
they broke out a steel security screen and stole the money from my trousers next to the bed while i slept- about $600 as i was going to pay 2 months rent the next day. could have killed me
got 2 dogs a couple days later who slept inside
they returned and stole our flip flops from outside the house
chroy changvar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

lucky ur computer was not lifted as well...

want be sure, a trick i used when took bar girls home, sprinkle baby powder around ur doors and bed, :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

get one of these cheap aluminum box that u see selling everywhere, put 2 screws inside to the ground, lock with cheap lock, noisy as fuck to open

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

bolueeleh wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:29 am get one of these cheap aluminum box that u see selling everywhere, put 2 screws inside to the ground, lock with cheap lock, noisy as fuck to open

And then you wake up and get killed ?
Better just shut the door.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:53 am lucky ur computer was not lifted as well...

want be sure, a trick i used when took bar girls home, sprinkle baby powder around ur doors and bed, :-)
Explain, please, how would this stop someone coming in through a balcony door and robbing him?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

that genius wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:48 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:53 am lucky ur computer was not lifted as well...

Explain, please, how would this stop someone coming in through a balcony door and robbing him?

My guess is he is referring to the bar girls he takes home that are addicts and when they see all that white snow on the floor they get on their hands and knees and sniff it all up.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Arget, you're not the first, and won't be the last, that this happens too. Thankfully you didn't wake up and disturb them.

Even living 3+ stories up isn't protection enough from cat-burglars in PP, these guys are like spiderman ninjas, and are great lock-pickers also...I've witnessed a couple of these guys at work in the St.172/19 area late at night from my rooftop in my old apartment, luckily managed to scare them away, but it seemed like it was a nightly occurrence according to reports from other people and businesses living in the area.

There's many ways to prevent home invasions, not gonna get into it all, but without having to spend too much money or effort, take basic precautions ... always ensure all your doors and windows are locked prior to going to bed, install sliding deadbolts in positions where it would be difficult for someone to open from outside, and one little trick is to put wind chimes on the inside of your doors and windows so that even if they do manage to open doors or windows then they'll make quite a noise which should be enough to scare them off, these thieves prefer to be in and out and try to avoid confrontation thankfully.

A good guard dog helps also.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Arget wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:07 am
I live on the fourth floor of a old building with a door locked at the bottom of the stairs. I am sure I locked the door and I am sure I locked the front door.
Who else lives in the building?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic