Android Box

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Android Box

Post by WizBall »

Anywhere in Phnom Penh selling up to date android boxes? We are getting internet connected and I am thinking instead of getting a TV aerial installed I could just watch channels through it instead. The wife has been quoted $130 for a package including installation of such aerial and i am guessing with premium channels but I think the box would be far better value
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Android Box

Post by General Mackevili »

Damn, I've never even heard of an Android Box. Is it similar to Chromecast? I have an old one of those, but the fucker annoys me more often than it works.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I love my android box :beer3:
all my tv is free, unlimited tv, movies, news, sports, ( except having a hard time getting basketball) but if u lke soccer u will be in heaven.
this is the one i brought, works great; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xtrem ... x&search=1

what's tv antenna for ?? the box works off ur wifi or via a hdmi cable
Get it thru lazda ( do they ship to Cambodia?

get all ur add on's free why pay for a pirated cable??

i have 100 mbs/ but will work with 30-50mbs
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

the guy who installed my blinds connected my cable for $50
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

I better wait and see my metfone speed before I go for the box then. I'm not sure why the aerial is $130 I'm guessing that's the first quote the wife has got. She reckons we can take it with us if we move but I guess the finer details got lost in translation.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

WizBall wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 pm I better wait and see my metfone speed before I go for the box then. I'm not sure why the aerial is $130 I'm guessing that's the first quote the wife has got. She reckons we can take it with us if we move but I guess the finer details got lost in translation.
PPCTV and OneTV both offer digital TV via antenna. They give you a set top box to decrypt the channels and you pay by the month or six monthly or whatever. That will be what she is talking about.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm
WizBall wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 pm I better wait and see my metfone speed before I go for the box then. I'm not sure why the aerial is $130 I'm guessing that's the first quote the wife has got. She reckons we can take it with us if we move but I guess the finer details got lost in translation.
PPCTV and OneTV both offer digital TV via antenna. They give you a set top box to decrypt the channels and you pay by the month or six monthly or whatever. That will be what she is talking about.
Why pay for an antenna an set up costs plus monthly for pirated cable when all u need it pay one time for a android box an get 10x more stations free?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:59 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm
Why pay for an antenna an set up costs plus monthly for pirated cable when all u need it pay one time for a android box an get 10x more stations free?
Seems crazy to me. I was just suggesting what the $130 was all about. I love my Android box.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Actually my TV box has satellite and terrestrial TV tuners, and I just scanned using a couple of wires for an antenna. Seems PPCTV has (accidentally?) unscrambled about 40 channels.. all the local ones plus BBC World, CNN, sports channels and a bunch more. So if you have a box or TV with a DVB-T tuner you can get a bunch of digital channels for free, at least for now. In the past when I have scanned only a few were free to air. I'm pretty sure it's just an oversight/error on their part.
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

Well finally got my WiFi connected after multiple power cuts here in Sihanoukville delaying me. A whole 7mb download! Hah feckin metfone. Though I am out of town now up near the Angkor beer factory so that could be a factor. Anyway the box is out of the question now so it'll have to be aerial. The lady's have to get there fix of the shitty Indian soaps or whatever they watch.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic