Singer Kak Channthy (Cambodian Space Project) in fatal road accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Singer Kak Channthy (Cambodian Space Project) in fatal road accident

Post by cambo swa »

Does this mean her daddy is not big bong or is this just for show and we will not hear about her again? Somebody bought a 21 year old a Prius which even as a used car is not something she probably could have bought on her own with her money. I think she stated that she had a video camera in her car that would clear her of wrong doing. Obviously not. Or is it she just killed the wrong (special) person and if it was only some poor tuk tuk driver she would be free to go?
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

What kind of Big Bong let his daughter drives a Prius ???
Don't forget the water buffalo
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Driver charged in crash that killed singer Kak Channthy
The 21-year-old driver of a car that collided with a tuk-tuk in a crash that killed Cambodian Space Project lead singer Kak Channthy has been charged with negligent driving and sent to prison.

Nguon Sreynich was taken into detention last week where she will await trial.

Phnom Penh Municipal Court spokesman Ly Sophana on Monday said Sreynich had been charged with negligent driving causing unintentional injury and death.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... k-channthy
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I thought they put traffic cameras on all the lights in PP, no?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

See a lot of cameras being installed above the traffic lights on mao tse toung/st.163 intersection, probably some kind of connection to Channthy's accident, not going to stop people driving like douche waffles though
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:51 pm See a lot of cameras being installed above the traffic lights on mao tse toung/st.163 intersection, probably some kind of connection to Channthy's accident, not going to stop people driving like douche waffles though
Not related. The Ministry of Interior is simultaneously installing cameras along Monivong.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

One year ago today. Tragic.

Channthy passed away in the early hours of March 20, 2018. She is greatly missed by myself, by her young family, and so many of her friends and fans who loved her.

Tonight it is just on a year since her death, myself and the CSP family will be thinking and reflecting on all that she gave us and the world she's left behind.

Channthy gave the world an incredible gift with her music but more so in the way she was, someone so open and able to connect to so many across all walks of life and backgrounds - she brought people together. Tonight I will be remembering Channthy and the incredible journey we shared alternately as lovers, as co-pilots of the Cambodian Space Project, as fellow travellers and as soul mates bound together in life through a love of music and all the life spirit that comes with this.

Channthy and I shared our extraordinary and somewhat unexpected journey with so many and during the almost ten years on the road, made great friends and we loved every bit of it! We took aboard all the inflight turbulence that comes with such a journey, and took it in our stride with lots to laugh and joke about along the way - very fun times indeed.

With her passing Channthy's life and what she achieved comes even more starkly in focus, she gave everything she had and was brave, bold and free-spirited in the way she took her Cambodian music to the world. She truly was the barefoot diva of Prey Veng province, and I thank again all of you who have been part of Channthy's story and this incredible life we have shared.

“Kak Channthy represented everything that is beautiful about Cambodia, the spirit of the oppressed and the poor. She lives on.”

– Julien Poulson''
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Channthy - gone too soon, but not forgotten. From social media today:

Phnom Penh: So sad.! The song ′′ Tonight I want to eat wine ′′ has been exploding a lot of interest on social media, especially Tik Tok in the last few months, at home, restaurants, and entertainment, but many people do not know the original singer. The beautiful singer of this song is Kak Channthy, but sadly, this singer died in 2018 in a traffic accident.

In fact, Ms. Kak Channthy is a famous singer, singing rock and roll rhythms, and it was a sad story when she lost her life about 2 years ago, and left only many songs that some of them are very famous on social media and tiktok.
She lost her life at 38-years-old, sadly in a traffic accident during March 2018, 2018, when this Khmer singer wasa passenger in a pass app tuktuk in Mao Sedung Street, Phnom Penh, when it was hit by a speeding car.
In the past, the US Ambassador of Cambodia has sent his condolences and regret for the loss of the unique singer, Kak Channthy in this traffic accident. The US Ambassador of Cambodia has posted a clip in appreciation of Chanty's music talent, which made people worldwide happy, including in the US, where she has performed many times and has shared Khmer music with many international audiences.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic