Korean Man LEE JIN WOO Arrested for Attacking Westerner Near Royal Palace in Phnom Penh (VIDEO)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Re: Korean Man LEE JIN WOO Arrested for Attacking Westerner Near Royal Palace in Phnom Penh (VIDEO)

Post by simon43 »

Unfortunately for the foreign man, on the way back, he ran across a mad Korean man in the street...
Jeez, what is the world coming to when you can't take a quiet stroll without being attacked by mad Koreans?
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate

Re: Korean Man LEE JIN WOO Arrested for Attacking Westerner Near Royal Palace in Phnom Penh (VIDEO)

Post by Алина Анисимов »

Glad to see he picked up all the nice stuff America has to offer.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

epidemiks wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:56 pm He says the bald guy punched him and knocked his tooth out around 3:20 in the video.

A prior incident between these two, or just crazy bloke rants?
The most likely explanation is that everything is as it appears to be. The suspect has a mental health issue or a drug problem, or both, and attacked a random passer-by.
The victim is Australian and his wife is Cambodian. The woman also suffered minor injuries in the attack.
It is also reported that prior to the incident the suspect had menaced other foreigners who ran away from him because they thought he was a drug-crazed loony. People who tried to assist the Australian were also attacked, and so were the police.
Anyone who threatens people with eternal hell, while saying fuck and bro in every sentence, is probably a drug-crazed loony.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Heng Heng Heng wrote:He's a Korean Kiwi.
He's flying chicken?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Barang chgout wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:30 am
Heng Heng Heng wrote:He's a Korean Kiwi.
He's flying chicken?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Yeah. Soon to be sent to the coop.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

3:09 pm March 20, 2018
LEE JINWO, a 31-year-old South Korean man, has been detained for illegal immigration and intentional violence against an Australian expat living in Phnom Penh.

Police portraits of the two men.
If anything, the Korean guy looks even more demented when he's pixeled.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
StrangerThanFiction
Tourist
Australia

Post by StrangerThanFiction »

I would like to post my recollections of the events above. I have no need or reason to embellish the story, it is disturbing enough on its own.

Monday:
Went to get a couple of take-away coffees from a cart on St 19. I was crossing the road to the coffee cart when a moto sped behind me, someone slapped me on the back of the neck and fucked off. I called out 'fuck you', felt my neck and realised that my gold chain was gone. Started yelling JAO JAO, in the hope that someone would get the bastard, but he was gone. I walked down the road hoping that he'd been hit by a car or something, got to my old road and thought I'd go see the cops stationed there. They'd moved. Asked the shop next door where they were and they indicated further down St 19. I headed down as far as the road to Parragon and couldn't find anything so walked to where we are staying, some distance away, to get the wife.

We got a tuk tuk to the coffee place to see if anyone knew the jao, but like me, they only saw the back of him as he sped off, same story from the other vendors on both sides of the road. We headed off to find the cops. As we were walking along the road the psycho Korean came up carrying a bag, dropped the bag and punched me in the face, while screaming shit at me. My face was cut up because I was wearing metal framed sunglasses, also broke my nose. As soon as I saw the guy I knew instinctively that he was whacko psychotic. Me, no breakfast, feeling a bit weak from lack of sugar, low energy from walking around before, decided that engaging with this fuck would be a bad idea. He was totally off his nut, shouting that he was going to stab me, kill my family, cut my wife's head off, all sorts of shit. The guy had a ripped build like a gymnast, and was pretty fast with the head shot. I made the choice to back off. He kept on trying to attack me, and I pushed him away physically two times to keep him away. I crossed the road twice trying to get a away from the fuck, but he kept after me, shouting his insane shit. By this time a single cop had appeared and the whako was shouting at him, not sure where he came from, then shortly after the plain clothes guys turned up and got him.

We were taken to the police station that you see in the video. That was the first 15 minutes or so you see posted here. We were there for about an hour making a statement, whilst psycho kept on ranting and raving, wanting to fight all of us in there, threatening to kill us all etc etc. At one point, he got up from his chair and started coming over to us. The cop near him pushed him down and they took control of the situation. He started carrying on like a fucking baby, wanting to die and wanting us to kill him, crying but still going on with his insane babble. A few minutes later he was back into full on shit talk again. I dunno what drugs he was on, but fuck, what a mess.

We finished the statement and went home. As we were waiting for a tuk tuk to go home a moto dop stopped who had seen the whole thing. He told my wife that the Korean had punched another westerner in the face not long before and had tried to attack his girlfriend. Apparently, they ran away. I cannot vouch for the veracity of that story though, but he sure had some anti-white shit going on.

Yesterday we went to do the statement about the theft and were told that the Korean was in jail on Street 200 , just up the road from where we used to live a few years ago. We knew a lot of the cops on that road, as they went to my wife's Khmer restaurant, so last night we went to pay a visit, as we couldn't get there during the afternoon because of a meeting. The guy in charge was an old customer...he told us to tell him to pay what we want, and to tell him that if he doesn't pay he will go to the big prison tomorrow.

He sent us around the back unaccompanied and the Korean was in a cell with the jao who got the severe beating Monday night. The jao is a fucking mess, just as the photos depict. The Korean apologised, obviously having come down a fair bit. I went fucking mental at him, and told him his apology was worthless and that he needed to compensate me for hitting me and breaking my damn RayBans - real ones from Oz. I told him I wanted $2,500, two for me, five for the cops and told him that it was his choice or they would move him to the prison tomorrow. He started on this 'you don't know who I am' shit, and I told him nobody gives a fuck who you are, you go around hitting people you pay (I think he was trying to say that he was broke, I didn't let him finish).

A friend in the know had told me that around $1,500 is the going rate, but to go for more, because if he can buy drugs he's got money. I would have settled for that, but was always going to start high. Anyway, I said to the wife that we'd just leave him to go to the big jail and we left.

I've never been in a situation like this ever, haven't hit anyone in a very long time, been close a couple of times in PP, but just obnoxious drunken idiots. Part of me feels that it would be totally irresponsible to let a total psycho like that back on the street, regardless of what he could pay. He needs to get psychiatric help, but that sure ain't going to happen here. I notice on one of CEO's posts that he is detained for illegal immigration? Dunno if that is a visa overstay or what. Either way, I guess he's fucked if he can't come up with money, he won't be eating much, and I would guess that he wouldn't have a friend in the world that he hadn't burnt. Guess they will keep him until they get sick of him and deport him?

That is the basic story, I've had never seen the whako before in my life, if I had I would have crossed the road very quickly. I dunno what the origin of his tooth getting knocked out story is, but it sure wasn't me.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StrangerThanFiction wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:09 pm I would like to post my recollections of the events above. I have no need or reason to embellish the story, it is disturbing enough on its own.

Monday:
Went to get a couple of take-away coffees from a cart on St 19. I was crossing the road to the coffee cart when a moto sped behind me, someone slapped me on the back of the neck and fucked off. I called out 'fuck you', felt my neck and realised that my gold chain was gone. Started yelling JAO JAO, in the hope that someone would get the bastard, but he was gone. I walked down the road hoping that he'd been hit by a car or something, got to my old road and thought I'd go see the cops stationed there. They'd moved. Asked the shop next door where they were and they indicated further down St 19. I headed down as far as the road to Parragon and couldn't find anything so walked to where we are staying, some distance away, to get the wife.

We got a tuk tuk to the coffee place to see if anyone knew the jao, but like me, they only saw the back of him as he sped off, same story from the other vendors on both sides of the road. We headed off to find the cops. As we were walking along the road the psycho Korean came up carrying a bag, dropped the bag and punched me in the face, while screaming shit at me. My face was cut up because I was wearing metal framed sunglasses, also broke my nose. As soon as I saw the guy I knew instinctively that he was whacko psychotic. Me, no breakfast, feeling a bit weak from lack of sugar, low energy from walking around before, decided that engaging with this fuck would be a bad idea. He was totally off his nut, shouting that he was going to stab me, kill my family, cut my wife's head off, all sorts of shit. The guy had a ripped build like a gymnast, and was pretty fast with the head shot. I made the choice to back off. He kept on trying to attack me, and I pushed him away physically two times to keep him away. I crossed the road twice trying to get a away from the fuck, but he kept after me, shouting his insane shit. By this time a single cop had appeared and the whako was shouting at him, not sure where he came from, then shortly after the plain clothes guys turned up and got him.

We were taken to the police station that you see in the video. That was the first 15 minutes or so you see posted here. We were there for about an hour making a statement, whilst psycho kept on ranting and raving, wanting to fight all of us in there, threatening to kill us all etc etc. At one point, he got up from his chair and started coming over to us. The cop near him pushed him down and they took control of the situation. He started carrying on like a fucking baby, wanting to die and wanting us to kill him, crying but still going on with his insane babble. A few minutes later he was back into full on shit talk again. I dunno what drugs he was on, but fuck, what a mess.

We finished the statement and went home. As we were waiting for a tuk tuk to go home a moto dop stopped who had seen the whole thing. He told my wife that the Korean had punched another westerner in the face not long before and had tried to attack his girlfriend. Apparently, they ran away. I cannot vouch for the veracity of that story though, but he sure had some anti-white shit going on.

Yesterday we went to do the statement about the theft and were told that the Korean was in jail on Street 200 , just up the road from where we used to live a few years ago. We knew a lot of the cops on that road, as they went to my wife's Khmer restaurant, so last night we went to pay a visit, as we couldn't get there during the afternoon because of a meeting. The guy in charge was an old customer...he told us to tell him to pay what we want, and to tell him that if he doesn't pay he will go to the big prison tomorrow.

He sent us around the back unaccompanied and the Korean was in a cell with the jao who got the severe beating Monday night. The jao is a fucking mess, just as the photos depict. The Korean apologised, obviously having come down a fair bit. I went fucking mental at him, and told him his apology was worthless and that he needed to compensate me for hitting me and breaking my damn RayBans - real ones from Oz. I told him I wanted $2,500, two for me, five for the cops and told him that it was his choice or they would move him to the prison tomorrow. He started on this 'you don't know who I am' shit, and I told him nobody gives a fuck who you are, you go around hitting people you pay (I think he was trying to say that he was broke, I didn't let him finish).

A friend in the know had told me that around $1,500 is the going rate, but to go for more, because if he can buy drugs he's got money. I would have settled for that, but was always going to start high. Anyway, I said to the wife that we'd just leave him to go to the big jail and we left.

I've never been in a situation like this ever, haven't hit anyone in a very long time, been close a couple of times in PP, but just obnoxious drunken idiots. Part of me feels that it would be totally irresponsible to let a total psycho like that back on the street, regardless of what he could pay. He needs to get psychiatric help, but that sure ain't going to happen here. I notice on one of CEO's posts that he is detained for illegal immigration? Dunno if that is a visa overstay or what. Either way, I guess he's fucked if he can't come up with money, he won't be eating much, and I would guess that he wouldn't have a friend in the world that he hadn't burnt. Guess they will keep him until they get sick of him and deport him?

That is the basic story, I've had never seen the whako before in my life, if I had I would have crossed the road very quickly. I dunno what the origin of his tooth getting knocked out story is, but it sure wasn't me.
Thanks for sharing your side of the story.

Now if we could just get that other guy to come forward to explain himself.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

cool story bro
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Username Taken wrote:
Thanks for sharing your side of the story.

Now if we could just get that other guy to come forward to explain himself.
From the sounds of it, it would probably go something like this
https://youtu.be/q2Xg7QUXiDA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic