A Tourist Couple Perform on the Street to get Money for Angkor Wat Entrance Fee Ticket

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: A Tourist Couple Perform on the Street to get Money for Angkor Wat Entrance Fee Ticket

Post by Barang chgout »

bangkokhooker wrote:
Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:58 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:02 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 am how degrading, you wouldnt catch me stood there doing that fml
westerners are seen as clowns in SEA nowadays, before we had prestige, now this
When exactly did you feel that you had prestige ? Just wondering.
when I had 100K at 23 years old I had prestige.
This must be the quote of the year for many reasons.
Classic!

Would that be a Honda Prestige?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A Tourist Couple Perform on the Street to get Money for Angkor Wat Entrance Fee Ticket

Post by Jasper »

Barang chgout wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:02 pm
bangkokhooker wrote:
Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:58 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:02 am

westerners are seen as clowns in SEA nowadays, before we had prestige, now this
When exactly did you feel that you had prestige ? Just wondering.
when I had 100K at 23 years old I had prestige.
This must be the quote of the year for many reasons.
Classic!

Would that be a Honda Prestige?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Don’t mock.

He even had his own range of t-shirts.

Milk was a bad choice
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

I would be more then happy to give the female a $100 for a ticket to Angkor Wat on condition that she agreed to a little happy time in my bat cave :)
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:19 pm Wow, WTF. Ticket prices are getting out of control, so I might be tricking in Siem Reap next time to come up with the needed funds.
I think you'd look sexy in fishnets and high heels, as long as the high heels were on your feet and not in your head.
David Stearn
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Stearn »

Busking is a time honored tradition where people with some decent skills can entertain others for some $$ and travel the world. I dont see it as the same as begging.
The Doctor will see you now.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

David Stearn wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:31 am Busking is a time honored tradition where people with some decent skills can entertain others for some $$ and travel the world. I dont see it as the same as begging.
buskers dont usually have signs begging for money
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
David Stearn
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Stearn »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:52 pm
David Stearn wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:31 am Busking is a time honored tradition where people with some decent skills can entertain others for some $$ and travel the world. I dont see it as the same as begging.
buskers dont usually have signs begging for money
Well, its a fine line. Either way, I dont personally care as long as I am not harrassed. If people have a genuine talent and want to put out a hat, or even a sign that says why they want to earn, its all good to me. Lots pf people have a few Dinero's they have set aside for such feel good things. Is the sign much different than the 'hat' or 'pot' ?
The Doctor will see you now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic