Expat's Wife Has Heart Attack in Sihanoukville; He Does CPR in Tuk-Tuk

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Expat's Wife Has Heart Attack in Sihanoukville; He Does CPR in Tuk-Tuk

Post by General Mackevili »

From the Expats and Locals Living in Sihanoukville Group:

"This is a reminder to all of you out there about how important it is to have and regularly maintain your first aid skills. A few days ago my wife suffered a cardiac arrest after sustaining a severe head trauma. Already to preform CPR in a bumpy tuktuk is very challenging, but hardest part is to stay calm, focused and without letting the panic or feelings take over when the patient is your own wife, and you are far from the nearest hospital. It was the hardest experience I faced in my life, the longest minute and a half I ever lived.

But with keeping your training up to date, repeating it until you can do it in your sleep, then maybe you manage to keep your head together.

I do also have some feedback regarding both International Clinic and CT clinic. Neither one of these "clinics" should never dare to even remotely claim that they ever would give a fuck about a human life.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT NEITHER CLINIC WAS UNABLE TO ARRANGE ME AN AMBULANCE TO PHNOM PENH BEFORE 1PM IN THE AFTERNOON? -"sorry sir no ambulance, driver eat lunch now". Seriously, go fuck yourselves and each other.

I know they have a CT scan in CT Clinic, but i also know they don't even know how to calibrate a reglar X-ray machine, not to mention 3 (three) of my good friends died in CT clinic, another few had so severe malpractice causing complications that will influence the rest of their lives.

My biggest gratitude goes to:

1. the staff at Sihanoukville Referral Hospital, from where they immediately arranged an ambulance to:

2. Sen Sok International University Hospital, where we straight away got professional and very friendly care.
Big thanks to Dr. Sophea at the emergency ward, Dr. Dimitry, who kept our mood up in a tuff situation, and of course,
Prof. Ivan. I'm sorry I don't remember all of your names, but a big thank to all you nurses and personel in SSIUH, from the deepest of my heart.

And a big thank to all of you who supported us through this, you know who you are.

And if you don't yet know how to preform CPR, I will arrange a course in Otres Village, free of charge for everyone interested, in both English and Khmer. If anyone feel like help to arrange this session, please PM me, the funding is already being arranged. More info to follow later.

#SenSokInternationalUniversityHospital

and just for the record, including ambulance, the bill was probably 3-4 times less than same treatment in Royal Phnom Penh Hospital. But what differs with Royal Phnom Penh Hospital and CT Clinic/ Sihanoukville International Clinic is simple: Royal PP Hospital is probably the best hospital in Cambodia. I simply choose SSIUH due to Prof. Matela Ivan, who has taken care of many my friends and customers for many years (luckily not me so far).
Specially if you suffer from ear, nose or throat conditions, contact him straight away, two decades of very wide expertise in ENT- surgery and i think he speaks at least 5-6 languages fluently.

ps.
My biggest respect goes to the fact that his enthusiasm and what brought him to Cambodia is driven benefit of helping the poor people.

edit:
http://www.sensokiuh.com/en/prof-matela-lvan/ "

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate

Re: Expat's Wife Has Heart Attack in Sihanoukville; He Does CPR in Tuk-Tuk

Post by Алина Анисимов »

Lucky he was a doctor and not a dentist.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Scary stuff. Respect for the poster. That was interesting and informative and may save someone's life.

I hope his wife is ok now. It was extremely thoughtful of him to bother to pass on that information after a near death scare. And it gives us expats in Cambodia a wake up call, that we should all know first aid skills for emergencies when tiger balm is not enough.
[Reminder to self - Do a First Aid refresher course.]
davebodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by davebodia »

Nice to see good news for a change.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

davebodia wrote:Nice to see good news for a change.
It was an accident.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
dk_mrniceguy
Tourist
Denmark

Post by dk_mrniceguy »

davebodia wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:28 pm Nice to see good news for a change.
good news!?§
davebodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by davebodia »

How is it not good news that they overcame that kind of adversity and got her to where she needed to be? He even gives out thanks to folks who helped. The entire story doesn't have to be good to be good news. imo
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

davebodia wrote:How is it not good news that they overcame that kind of adversity and got her to where she needed to be? He even gives out thanks to folks who helped. The entire story doesn't have to be good to be good news. imo
I like this guy.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic