What do u miss about ur home country/city

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: What do u miss about ur home country/city

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Ah! But New York bagels are total crap imo... Hard pieces of tasteless coal. Now I'll let you guess where I'm from... It takes a bagel expert to know where I might be from after seeing my above comment (bagel capital). A New Yorker might guess actually as our bagels are in constant rivalry (ours always winning obviously) ;-)
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

It must be some tail-end-of-the-world like Boston or Philly. Years and years ago I got off a ship in Boston and we couldn't go in parts of the city because of riots.(Obviously the mob didn't control that part of the city or were making money from the unrest.)Philly? I lived just north of there in North Jersey and never really liked Philly.

Now "The City" (New York City) now that was fun. Oh! The Pizza, and subways, and music, and cheese blintzes, and corned beef sandwich's, and bagels.(and the 18 year old drinking age and with false ID much younger, but that was before pictures on IDs.)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

to know bagels u must be jewish!!!
they have some good ones here in Phuket
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

The Add Jay wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:
The Add Jay wrote:A pair of real jeans....a chiropractor....Italian food....emission regulations.
There is a very good chiro here in PP on St 240.

As well as many things mentioned already, I miss having a library.
How much for one hour?
Sorry, just saw your post.

$44. Not cheap, but if you need - you need.
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps!!!

Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Things I miss from Aotearoa;

- Having a backyard
- Real Kiwi style meat pies
- Hunting and camping
- Wild pork and venison
- Nestle reduced cream and Maggi onion soup dip

Once I finally finish renovating my house and land in Kandal, I'll have a backyard and a decent kitchen to bake my own pies in, 2 out of 5 ain't bad, could probably get the pork and venison imported but wouldn't be cheap, and will stock up on supplies for the dip when I'm in NZ next or when I have visitors.

Overall, not a whole lot I miss, am more than happy with life and what I have/can get in Cambodia. I think that spending up to 8 months per year in shit holes like Iraq and Afghanistan makes me appreciate Cambodia more than what I would if I were there 365 days a year.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I forgot to mention previously that I really miss the cheap Chinese crap we got in the States. It's 100 X better than the cheap Chinese crap we get here. It takes months & months to break, not days.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

wackyjacky wrote:I forgot to mention previously that I really miss the cheap Chinese crap we got in the States. It's 100 X better than the cheap Chinese crap we get here. It takes months & months to break, not days.
Bought a couple of pieces of Chinese crap the other day and found when we got home that one didn't work - and thought, Great! One works!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Known
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Ah! But New York bagels are total crap imo... Hard pieces of tasteless coal. Now I'll let you guess where I'm from... It takes a bagel expert to know where I might be from after seeing my above comment (bagel capital). A New Yorker might guess actually as our bagels are in constant rivalry (ours always winning obviously) ;-)
You have mentioned elsewhere that you're not American. So you must be from Montreal!
Montreal-style bagels differ from New York-style bagels in several respects. First, they are made with sugar and no salt, and are then boiled in honey-sweetened water. They are smaller, with a larger hole, and must be baked in a wood-burning oven to earn the true distinction “Montreal-style.”
What do I win? :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic