Foreign Buddhists

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Foreign Buddhists

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Gardiguy wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Gardiguy wrote:
KickingWithRedLabel wrote:
irh41 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:48 pm Also, walking around in robes as a
foreigner of a different tradition can be problematic!

There is a white guy wrapped in the monk garb that I see often hanging out in the coffee shops of AEON mall.
I to see him all the time walking up Sothearos in the late morning stopping at all the businesses.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
Is that the older gentleman with glasses?

If not, there is another one I often see riding his electric bicycle along Sotheros. I see him most mornings after dropping my kids at school so maybe around 7:30am.

There was also another barang monk who used to stay at wat langka. I would see him walking around bkk1 every day. I haven’t seen him for a year or so now so maybe he’s moved on. I don’t live in the area anymore so maybe I just miss him when he is out on his walks though.
No glasses, a really big dude though, as in tall. I would see him around 11am on my way home from work, never saw him when I went around 7:30am so must be a different guy.
Edit : This was a month or 2 ago.
Definitely a different guy then.

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There was a German guy who maybe hung around Wat Lanka, but I saw him in some obscure places, He wore saffron robes and had a shaved head etc and managed to blend in somewhat. He had a Youtube channel and everything.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

This is the guy I always see.

ramzchillin
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by ramzchillin »

I think coming in they won't check, especially when you are in robes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic