Farming Implements

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CABMAN21
Tourist
Christmas Island

Farming Implements

Post by CABMAN21 »

Quick and short; not selling on this forum. Do have for sale however: farming implements (axe; knife; machete) along with Katadyn water filter and binoculars. All are new and unused in sheaths. Understand this is not the forum to sell and I have read past posts on tourists possessing weapons (knives; guns; explosives). My point is, these are farming implements. Things that are used daily by local people. I brought high-end items from the U.S. to resell here at cost. Hesitant to sell such items on any website honestly, but would like to part with them. Reading the law about possessing knives I suppose that would include my kitchen knives as well... there has to be a logical interpretation here somewhere.
CABMAN21
Tourist
Christmas Island

Re: Farming Implements

Post by CABMAN21 »

My Khmer girlfriend is the current owner of said items... she's not so good with computers.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

If your Khmer girlfriend owns such things like knifes , machetes and axes, I would suggest you buy them off her, then throw them in the river when no-one is looking .

I know what I would be doing.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CABMAN21
Tourist
Christmas Island

Post by CABMAN21 »

Hah, good point. The axe is used to chop firewood which her father cooks with. The machete is for fruit harvesting and the knife is a multi-purpose fish cleaning; coconut chopping and skinning tool. They are new and secure.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

How is he going to chop firewood if you sell?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

bangkokhooker wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:06 pm How is he going to chop firewood if you sell?
Standard method! :plus1:

But it wont be an "Ontario Old Hickory" cleaver. :D
CABMAN21
Tourist
Christmas Island

Post by CABMAN21 »

He will have to use the old method of snapping sticks over his knee. I didn't realize, upon my return to Cambodia that I had inherited 3 extra children and a Papa to feed during my 3 month stay in the U.S. Selling was not my original intention. Gifts went on hold.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yeah, you get that here.
all over, really.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CABMAN21 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm Quick and short; not selling on this forum. Do have for sale however: farming implements (axe; knife; machete) along with Katadyn water filter and binoculars. All are new and unused in sheaths. Understand this is not the forum to sell and I have read past posts on tourists possessing weapons (knives; guns; explosives). My point is, these are farming implements. Things that are used daily by local people. I brought high-end items from the U.S. to resell here at cost. Hesitant to sell such items on any website honestly, but would like to part with them. Reading the law about possessing knives I suppose that would include my kitchen knives as well... there has to be a logical interpretation here somewhere.
This all seems a bit cryptic, as I understand you want to sell an axe, knife and machete among a few other things, which is no problem. You just post pictures and price. Did you bring them as items to sell? If you are selling at cost I don"t see the point. However even with this info I would think they would be next to impossible to sell because these items here are so cheap and considering the expats market who would want to buy?

This may be entirely misplaced but I get the impression that you are a bit "miffed" at inheriting an extra number of people to your "family" and initially you brought them as presents and now have second thoughts and want to recoup your outlay on the items. If this is the case just donate them to the family and either accept it or walk away. No offense meant here by the way, just trying to make sense of the situation.
CABMAN21
Tourist
Christmas Island

Post by CABMAN21 »

Not really miffed, but yes, trying to recoup. Apparently the mother also had her dog living there while I was gone. It left when I showed up and now word on the street is someone ate it. She is miffed. I want that chopper BTW.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic